42. The Raft

𝙋𝙡𝙚𝙖𝙨𝙚 𝙧𝙚𝙖𝙙 𝘼/𝙉 𝙞𝙣 𝙩𝙝𝙚 𝙚𝙣𝙙 𝙤𝙛 𝙩𝙝𝙚 𝙘𝙝𝙖𝙥𝙩𝙚𝙧!!!

                                    ***

As the chopper kept on flying towards its unknown to Andria destination, the girl, who had given her suit to the soldiers and was now dressed in casual clothes, stared down at her hands that were now handcuffed in front of her instead of behind her. She had dirt and dried blood on some spots and her knuckles were bruised.

It wasn't the first time her hands looked like this. For all she knew it could've been the thousandth. However, never before had she fought people who she cared for. She knew what she had signed up for when she had started fighting, just like everyone else did, but no one had expected it to get that ugly.

Andria thought that no matter how many differences and fights they had, they were still a family. She believed they could still overcome this. She believed there was still a chance that they could fix the damage that had been done.

And then she thought about Rhodey. No one ever thought that what happened to him was gonna happen. And they were all devastated. And even though he wasn't dead, he could be critically injured.

With these thoughts going through her mind, a couple of hours passed and the chopper finally slowed down, making Andria turn to look out the window to see where they were.

All she saw, however, was the endless ocean. Realisation hit her hard, right at the moment the Raft underwater prison immerged from the sea and Andria sighed, knowing that things would be worse than she expected.

As all the choppers landed inside the prison, Andria who was led out of the one she had been in, saw the rest of her teammates exiting as well. They were dressed in casual clothes as well and were also handcuffed with their hands in front of them.

As the soldiers led all of them towards the control room of the prison, Scott broke the silence.

"What is this place?"

Seeing that the soldiers completely ignored him, Andria answered his question.

"It's called the 'Raft'. It's an underwater prison created for the sole purpose of detaining and incarcerating enhanced individuals."
"How'd you know?" He asked.
"Well, I've put a couple of people here. And they are still here. That's the whole point."
"That doesn't sound very comforting," Scott said sarcastically and Andria shrugged her shoulders.
"Yeah, well, look at the bright side of this."
"And the bright side of this is?" Clint, who had been listening to the conversation along with Sam and Wanda, asked.
"Being here means they consider you one of the best in your line of work," Andria said sarcastically, smirking.
"In other words we're getting first class cells. Ain't that a relief?" Sam joked as well, as they entered the control room where Secretary Ross was waiting.

"This is not how I wanted this to end," he said, making Andria scoff.
"Bullshit," she mumbled and Ross walked over to her and stood right in front of her.

Andria looked at him dead in the eye and he sighed, disappointed.

"You know John and Ashley were just as stubborn," he said and Andria flinched on the sound of the two names, "yeah, I did know your parents. I was there when they were given the order to step back. I told them they shouldn't disobey their orders. I told them they should do it for their daughter, think about her--"
"Careful! Choose your next words wisely!" Andria said through greeted teeth, while she clenched her fists so hard he nails sank in her skin.
"How old were you? Five, six? You were so young. You still are. And you're living the same kind of life they did. Reckless, impulsive, first act and then think. You're doing the same mistakes."
"My parents were great people! They were heroes!" Andria protested angrily and Ross nodded, but said nothing.
"Take them," he said, motioning for the soldiers to lead them away.