24. A Hero

Pietro stopped right in front of the one that Clint was on.

He placed Andria down, while they both noticed Clint looking at them. Pietro had his arms wrapped around her waist, while hers were around his neck.

"I'm never going to get used to this," she said, referring to his heightened speed.

"And how about this?" He asked and quickly leaned in, giving her a kiss on the lips which Andria returned.

It was her first kiss and it was sweet and beautiful. She could sense him being gentle as if he were afraid that too much pressure would break her. As if she were fragile.

Parting ways, she smiled, looking at him and his goofy smile so different from his usual cocky smirk, but something she could easily get used to.

"This I think yeah," she said, answering to his last question.

"Tell you what, when all this is finished, I'm gonna take you on a date," he said and ran away to help some people.

"You know, I still don't like that quick little bastard," Clint said, trying to deal with the fact that the two teenagers had just kissed.

"Yeah, I know. But, he's good."
"Maybe," Clint said, before a cry was heard by a woman.

"Costel! We were in the market. Costel!" She kept yelling, making Andria turn to look at the city around her.

She noticed a little boy near some ruins and started running towards him, despite Clint's complaints to let him go.

Once Andria got near the boy, she pulled him in her arms and raised him ready to run back.

"Come on, time to go," she said to him, in an effort to calm him down and was about to start running towards the boat, when the Quinjet, being flown by Ultron appeared, sending blasts everywhere.

Andria knew that there wasn't enough time to return to the boat, so she turned her back on the Quinjet to protect the kid with her body and closed her eyes tightly waiting for the blasts to pierce her body.

She could hear them getting closer, covering Steve, Thor and Clint's shouts of her name.

But nothing happened.

The blasts passed by her and she didn't feel any pain.

She thought she could be dead and that her death was so quick she hadn't felt it.

She slowly opened her eyes.

She was still holding the boy in her arms, but she wasn't where she was seconds ago.

She was standing behind a rolled car that covered her and the boy's bodies, protecting them.

Andria turned her head and saw Pietro standing behind her and looking at her with a sad smile, blood slowly covering his shirt from where the blasts, meant for her, had hit him instead.

As Andria slowly took in the sight of him dying, she realised he had saved her and the child.

"Now, we're even!" He said and fell down, as life left his body.

His blue eyes stared blankly at Andria, who felt like she had just woken from a daze.

She quickly let down the boy and got on her knees next to Pietro, placing his head on her lap, while tears stained her cheeks and her vision started getting blurry.

She stayed like that for a few seconds, feeling like time had stopped and she could still hear his last words echoing inside her head, before she felt a hand on her shoulder and looked up to see Steve and Clint's sympathetic expressions.