6. An Unexpected Guest

"Worthy," a new voice sounded from behind them.

Turning to face the person who spoke, they saw one of Stark's suits, but destroyed. Parts of smashed and different suits put all together, creating another one.

"No. How could you be worthy? You're all killers," it said again.

"Stark," Captain called.
"J.A.R.V.I.S.," Stark started, but the suit cut him off.
"I'm sorry, I was asleep. Or I was...a-dream."

"Reboot Legionnaire OS. We got a buggy suit," Stark said, tapping something on his phone, before the suit talked again.

"There was this terrible noise. And I was tangled in...In strings. I had to kill the other guy. He was a good guy."
"You killed someone?" Captain asked.
"Wouldn't have been my first call. But, down in the real world, we're faced with ugly choices."

"Who sent you?" Thor asked and the suit played a recording. Stark's voice in it.

"I see a suit of armor around the world."

That was what the recording played, before it stopped and Banner spoke, turning to Stark.

"Ultron."

"In the flesh. Or, no, not yet. Not this chrysalis. But, I'm ready. I'm on a mission," Ultron said, while Andria got out her gun as discreetly as she could and stood up, just like Maria did and Thor held his hammer tightly.

"What mission?" Natasha asked.
"Peace in our time," Ultron said and the glass wall behind him was smashed by four of Stark's suits, attacking them.

Captain kicked the table, sending it towards one of them, but instead the suit grabbed it and pushed Captain on the floor with it.

Maria and Andria dropped down, shooting the suits, while Natasha and Banner jumped behind a bar.

Dr Cho hid behind a big couch, while a suit came flying towards Thor, but he crashed it, using his hammer.

Clint was pushed aside, falling on a library, as both Stark and Rhodey ran towards the suits.

Rhodey got hit by a blast and fell through the glass floor down to another room.

"Rhodey!" Maria yelled, running towards the hole and dropping down to help him.

Thor on the other side of the room was fighting with one of the suits.

Clint was being chased, but dropped under a table just in time to avoid a blast, while Captain jumped on top of one suit that sent itself backwards, hitting him on the brick wall.

He fell down, the same moment Natasha and Banner got out of the bar, heading up the stairs, drawing the suit's attention, as it got hit multiple times with Natasha's gunshots.

But, then again, for each suit that got killed, another one would take its place.

Tony jumped on one, trying to find the wire that would set it off.

Another one approached Dr Cho, ready to cast a blast, but it stopped and then Captain sent it flying backwards.

"Thor!" He shouted and Thor smashed the suit with his hammer.

Natasha was trying to shoot the suits from upstairs, while Andria was being attacked by one.

Avoiding a blast near her head, she pushed herself from the flipped coffee table and jumped on top of the suit's back.

She grabbed the two daggers from her boots and shoved them inside the suit's neck. Pushing upwards, its head went flying in the air and the rest of the suit fell down with Andria still on top of it.

As she hit the floor, she saw Clint grabbing Captain's shield.

He was about to run towards Captain, but a suit got in his way.

Andria threw one of the daggers at it, sending it dead on the floor, the same moment Stark managed to finally kill the other one, falling down with it.

"Hey, Cap!" Clint yelled and threw the shield to Captain, who caught it and sent it towards the last suit, smashing it.

"That was dramatic. I'm sorry, I know you mean well. You just didn't think it through," Ultron started pacing up and down, talking again, while Natasha and Banner got downstairs and Maria brought Rhodey upstairs.

"You want to protect the world, but you don't want it to change. How is humanity saved if it's not allowed to...evolve?" He said, grabbing one of the destroyed suits.

"With these? These puppets. There's only one path to peace. The Avengers' extinction," Ultron said, before Andria threw her last dagger straight in his Arc Reactor, damaging his power source.

"I had strings, but now I'm free," Ultron said, before completely shutting down.