45. Eyes and Ears Everywhere

A whole month had passed since Steve and Bucky had freed their teammates from the Raft and a lot of things had happened.

The same day they had been freed, Steve explained to them what had happened with Tony in Siberia.

Andria had been disappointed by the outcome of their encounter and the fact that the possibilities of reconciliation were scarce. However, she couldn't blame either of them. Steve was right to protect Bucky, as the latter had been brainwashed and therefore not in control of his actions, but Tony had all the right to feel hurt and betrayed. Andria knew exactly what it felt like to lose one's parents and when she herself was given the chance to avenge them, she had done everything in her power to make sure the ones responsible payed for all the pain inflicted.

Steve also told them that he had left the shield behind for Tony to take since it was made by his father and therefore belonged to him.

He had then explained everything about Helmut Zemo and how T'Challa had helped with arresting him and how he had offered to help Bucky get rid of everything HYDRA had put inside his head.

The last thing he told them was that he sent a message to Tony, apologizing for what had happened between them and saying that whenever he needed them, they would be there for him.

After that, in the span of a couple of days since their escape, Clint and Scott had decided to go back to their families and so the rest had dropped them off to their homes.

In addition, Wanda had decided that she wanted a normal life and so they had dropped her off to Scotland where she would meet with Vision and stay with him. They had both made a deal with their respectful teams to spend some time of the year with them and the rest with each other.

On the other hand, Andria and Sam were determined to follow Steve and be by his side whatever he chose to do next.

The two of them hid in a motel for a short time, while Steve helped Bucky, who had decided that he would be better off back in cryogenic stasis until the Wakandan scientists could find a way to remove everything HYDRA had put inside his head, get to Wakanda.

After that, Steve returned to Sam and Andria and the three started traveling around, hiding in almost uninhabitable motels or abandoned warehouses and buildings.

It was late at night and the three had just left the abandoned building where they had been staying for the past couple of days and were heading for the Quinjet which they had left nearby behind some wrecked trains in an old station.

As they were getting closer to the train track, Andria noticed the tall dark figure of a man, lurking in the shadows.

She pretended she hadn't noticed in order to see what would happen next, but seeing that the figure started following them from a distance once they started walking between the old wagons, she decided to let Steve and Sam know something was off.

"Act natural, somebody's following us," she said and they both kept walking as if everything was alright.

"Where?" Steve asked and Andria answered without turning to look at him.
"He's following us from the other side of the railway. Hiding behind the wagons."

"Any idea who could it be?" Sam asked.
"No, it was too dark to see, but whoever it is they're getting closer," Andria mattered and was about to grab a knife from her thigh holster, before Steve stopped her.

"Don't engage, it could be a random citizen, not for us."
"Right! Because tall blondie, teenage girl and this guy," Andria said, pointing on all of them, "doesn't scream Steve Rogers, Andria Hill and Sam Wilson, A.K.A. some of the world's most renowned fugitives. Grow up, Steve!"