32. Consequences

After two hours in a private plane, they arrived in Berlin from where the German Special Forces and Rhodey had come.

Bucky was placed into a containment cell and into a Jeep, while Sam, Steve, Andria and T'Challa were inside another Jeep, still handcuffed.

They were all silent, waiting to arrive to the Joint Counter Terrorist Centre Building where Tony, Natasha and Sharon would be.

"So, you like cats?" Sam broke the silence, referring to T'Challa's suit.
"Sam," Steve tried to stop him, while Andria just rolled her eyes.

"What? Dude shows up dressed like a cat, you don't wanna know more?"
"It's not a cat! It's a panther," Andria said, kind of annoyed by the way Sam was talking.
"How'd you know?" He asked.

Andria looked in front of her and saw T'Challa slightly raising his head. She couldn't see his face, but she bet he was interested.

"The Black Panther is....the protector of Wakanda. Something like it's greatest warrior," she explained.

"Your suit...it's Vibranium?" Steve asked.
"She is right. The Black Panther has been the protector of Wakanda for generations. A mantle, passed from warrior to warrior. And now, because your friend murdered my father...I also wear the mantle of king. So, I ask you as both warrior and king...how long do you think you can keep your friend safe from me?" He more stated than asked.

After that, they stayed silent during most of the ride. As they were arriving, T'Challa turned his head as much as he could, trying to face Andria.

"I'm sorry for your arm. That scratch wasn't meant for you."
"Oh, I...It's...I've had worse," Andria said, looking at the bandage around her arm.

"I'd say it was a pleasure meeting you, but I kind of hoped it would be under different circumstances, miss Hill," he said with a small smile.

"You know me?"
"The people around the world might not know a lot about Wakanda, though you seem quite informed, but we know everything about you...the Avengers in general. Your skills are quite impressive I must admit."

"Uh, thank you, I guess," she said and he nodded the same time the cars got inside the building's garage.

Opening the car's door, Steve, Sam, Andria and T'Challa got out and walked towards a small group's direction, after having their handcuffs removed.

There stood Sharon along with a man dressed in a suit, while behind them there were three armed agents.

"What's going to happen to him?" Steve asked, referring to Bucky who was being transported in a different room, still inside the containment cell.

"Same thing that ought to happen to you. Phycological evaluation and extradition," the man dressed in the suit said.

"This is Everett Ross, Deputy Task Force Commander," Sharon introduced him.
"What about a lawyer?" Steve asked.

"Lawyer. That's funny. See their weapons are placed in lockup. We'll write you a receipt," Ross said full of sarcasm, while three men passed by them. One holding Steve's suit and shield, another one with Sam's suit and weapons and the last one with Andria's catsuit and all her weapons.

"I better not look out the window and see anybody flying around in that," Sam said, as they all started walking out of the garage and into the main building.

"You'll be provided with an office instead of a cell. Now, do me a favour, stay in it!" Ross said, while they were all walking.

"I don't intend on going anywhere," T'Challa said from next to him.

Andria was walking behind them between Steve and Sam when she noticed Natasha coming towards them.

"For the record, this is what making things worse looks like," she said once she reached Steve's side and started walking along with them.

"He's alive," Steve said, referring to Bucky, while Andria just tried to hide behind him, not ready to face Natasha.

"Don't try to hide. I can see you," Andria sighed on the sound of Natasha's voice and revealed herself.

"Really? Lying to me you're going to Maria, while you truly went fighting with these two in a suicide mission. Getting men from the German Special Forces knocked down and generally doing everything you shouldn't do. Just so you know, Maria knows everything," Natasha said in a calm tone, not even looking at Andria.

"Great," Andria mumbled.

"No. Romania was not Accords-sanctioned. Colonel Rhodes is supervising cleanup."

They all saw Tony talking on the phone once they entered another room.

"Try not to break anything while we fix this," Natasha said, getting closer to Tony.

"Consequences? You bet there'll be consequences. Obviously you can quote me on that, because I just said it. Anything else? Thank you, sir," Tony said and hung up.

"Consequences?" Steve asked him.

"Secretary Ross wants you three prosecuted. Had to give him something," Tony explained and started walking away along with Natasha.

"I'm not getting that shield back, am I?" Steve asked, almost joking.
"Technically, it's the government's property. Wings and catsuit too," Natasha said, looking at Andria in the end of her sentence.

"That's cold," Sam said.
"Warmer than jail," Tony shouted, before disappearing inside another room with Natasha by his side.