💔21. Just you and me [DNN]

- Angst -

The Grief Series: Part 2- Dream (Chapter2)

WARNING- GRIEF, DEATH

Prompt- A grieving Sapnap can't be alone, but all George seems to want to do is be left alone.

_______

(2) 16 days later

George stayed in his room, curled up in a ball, for days. Only getting up to go to the bathroom.

But today, he actually let Sapnap bring him to the living room. 

He was sat on the couch, squished between Sapnap and Skeppy. While Karl and Quackity took turns showing him random TikToks on the big TV.

He watched silently and even giggled at the end of one.

Sapnap quietly fed him oatmeal, and for the first time, he didn't complain. He didn't even seem to notice as Karl was laughing loudly to Skeppy reading the lyrics to a viral TikTok song. 

"See," Bad spoke from the kitchen, "This is nice. We'll be fine. You have us George. You have Sapnap. And-"

George froze, not bothering to hear the rest of the sentence. He had almost forgotten. Dream. How could he? His nails dug into his thighs. How could he just laugh? Without him?

He pushed away the spoon hovering near his mouth and ran back inside.

Sapnap slumped back, defeated. Karl slapped his forehead, turning off the TV.

Skeppy yelled, "Bad! Why would you do that?"

"What?" Bad whined, wiping sweat off his forehead, "I didn't mean to... I-"

"You are so dumb!" Quackity shouted, "What is your problem? What is actually-"

Bad began marching toward George's room but Sapnap grabbed his arm and said, "No."

"Yeah," Skeppy led Bad back toward the kitchen, "Don't make it worse. Give him some time."

Sapnap stood up, "I think you guys should leave."

Everyone paused.

"Who?" Karl clutched Sapnap's hoodie.

But he wriggled it free, "All of you."

"Why do we have to leave for what Bad did?" Quackity whined.

Sapnap smashed the bowl of oatmeal on the floor, "Leave us alone! You've done enough."

An uneasy silence settled as Sapnap leaned against the kitchen island, panting. 

Karl never liked it when he lost his temper, being the first one to call him a baby. But he wasn't gonna tell him off, not anymore. He had the right to be angry. So he went into the guest bedroom to pack his things.

Quackity simply stood there, arms folded, glaring at Bad.

Eventually, they all left to pack up their belongings. And Sapnap cleaned up the oatmeal on the floor. 

He left a fresh bowl on George's nightstand along with a bottle of water. The brunette was sound asleep on top of the covers, his pillow wet. Sapnap didn't run his hand through his hair. He didn't want him to wake up and cry more. Instead, he turned on the Air conditioning and left the room.

It was evening by the time everyone was done packing. They stood in a 'u' in the living room, with their luggage by their feet as Skeppy checked his phone, tracking the Uber. 

"Our Uber's waiting downstairs," Karl said.

Sapnap felt immense guilt, but he had to do it for George. He needed him to get better. And if sending his friends back home would help, he won't back down from it.

He gave Quackity a side hug and let Karl wrap his arms around him. They left quietly. It hurt to see them like that. But since Dream left, everyone was quiet. Or maybe it was just Sapnap. 

Skeppy nodded at Bad, who placed a hand on Sapnap's shoulder and said, "I'm so sorry Sapnap. I really am."

He shrugged it away, "Me too."

He stood at the doorway, until they all left, staring at their feet.

Once the door clicked and the faint sound of the elevator dinging was heard, he ran to George's room. It was exactly how he'd left it. Curtains closed, lights off and the lump of a boy on the bed.

He turned the string lights on and noticed that the bowl of oatmeal was untouched. He wasn't gonna scold him today. He did eat a little when he fed him that morning. So he grabbed the bowl & the empty bottle and left. After filling it up with water, he returned to the dimly lit room and smiled. The strings lights cast a soft blue tint all over the room.

George shuffled on the bed, laying on his back to look up at the little specks of light. "Did you eat?" he asked.

"Yeah," Sapnap lied. He placed the water bottle on the side table and slipped into the covers next to him. 

"I told them to leave Georgie," he said softly.

George's head turned to look at the younger. He noticed the smile on his face, it was fake. 

"Really?" he asked and received a nod.

Sapnap scooted closer and rested his head on George's chest, "They're gone. Don't worry," he whispered.

George's heart hurt. He knew how much Sapnap loved having them around. He knew that with them here, Sapnap was safe. A little less worried. A little less scared. But he asked them to leave. For him. It hurt. He wanted to cry, but he didn't wanna burden Sapnap even more. So he laid still, unable to say anything.

Sapnap closed his eyes, listening to George's heartbeat. "No one will say anything. You don't– don't have to worry about anything. It's just you and me now."

He felt his chest tighten at his own words. Just them two. Without Dream. Without anyone else. His eyes fell on his bracelet again. It hurt so much. Was Dream still holding his hand?

"Thank you Sanap," George murmured.

His name sounded different this time. But he cuddled into him, hugging him tighter, holding him for dear life. 

It was just the two of them now.

A/n

Hello. What you thinking? Talk to me.

Vote if you liked! 

One more part to go. And then it'll be my baby Sapnap's turn. I'm not ready.

Ok! Have a nice day!