💔31. Last Words [DNN]

- Angst -

The Grief Series: Part 3- Sapnap (Chapter1)

WARNING - GRIEF

Prompt - Sapnap's last day, his last words with each of them.

_______

Dream massaged his temple, leaning over the wash basin. The dirty round mirror barely reflected the worry lines on his forehead. 

This past week had been tough. For everyone. Sapnap had a seizure out of nowhere and nothing had been the same after that. Despite all the tests coming out normal, Dream and George could not stop worrying. They had created a strict schedule, taking turns watching Sapnap, every second of every day, making sure he ate properly and took the vitamins. It was not the easiest job.

A loud bang startled Dream to reality. He turned off the running tap and sprinted out. The door to Sapnap's room was shutting as George huffed and puffed up the stairs.

"What's going on?"

George narrowed his eyes at the blond, "Where were you?"

"I was just-" tired. He would have said it if George didn't look so exhausted himself. 

The skateboard in his hands went flying to the other end of the landing in an unusual display of anger. Dream's eyes widened at the implication.

"He tried to sneak away to go skate," George confirmed.

"What? Did he-?"

"No, I didn't let him," George deliberately yelled at the closed door, "And now he's being a baby."

"Oh," Dream exhaled and walked over to George's side. Sapnap was not very good at skateboarding. And even the thought of him falling over at a time like this, scared Dream to bits.

"It's not like he's any good at it anyway," George mumbled, literally reading his mind.

"Shut up!" Sapnap shouted from inside.

"No! You are shit!"

Dream hit George's shoulder lightly, telling him that was enough. 

George paced around, trying to calm himself, but his shaking hand gave away the affection laced in his anger. "I'm not letting him hurt himself," He mumbled, "We don't even know what triggered that seizure."

Dream pulled him into a hug because he understood. The incident affected them all differently. While George became a bit too paranoid, Dream seemed to have closed in on himself. It was safe to say that things were a bit tense in the house.

A muffled sniffle sounded from the closed door and both sets of eyes widened.

Dream speed-walked to the door, "Sapnap? Are you ok?"

George came to his side, palm flat on the door, unable to voice his worry.

"Leave me alone!"

George's fist clenched with frustration. He released it the only way he knew how, by taunting, "Are you seriously crying?" 

Dream's heart thumped anxiously. He grabbed the slim arm and grumbled, "Stop."

George yanked his arm away and stepped back as Dream turned the doorknob, "I'm coming in."

Sapnap was laying on his stomach, dressed in his sporty clothes. He even had his favourite skating shoes on. The ones Karl had drawn on. He must have been excited to skate.