🌈43.The New Guy [DNN]

- DNN - Fluff

Prompt - George has fully moved in with his best friends. And someone has strong opinions. 

From Patches' POV. 

_______

I hate the new guy.

Everything is different because of him. He's stolen everything.

1. My spot on the couch.

He lays sprawled on my comfy cushions all day, watching TV and shoving weird food into his face. I have to settle for trying the little crumbs that fall on the carpet. It's embarrassing, but too yummy, I can't help myself.

2. My pet names.

"My lil meow meow," Sap gushes at him as he squeezes the older until he gives him the remote.

"My angel," Dream cooes when he hugs him.

"My kitty cat!" "My kitten babyy muah!" Sap kisses his cheek, earning him a loud laugh and a playful shove before an intense kiss. 

They giggle and laugh about it. God, I hate him.

3. My peace.

This one time, the sofa was creaking so loud, the weird noises made me jump. Sap was making loud sounds too, but that's not new. But turns out the new guy  was hitting his behind, I would've scratched him up if he didn't shut the door on me.

What was scary was that one time, when he made Dream scream. I actually thought he was dying. I came running downstairs only to find them all piled up on top of each other on the bed, naked. I don't know what they were doing, but it seemed embarrassing. And it hurt my ears, so I had to sleep in the kitchen.

4. My cuddles.

Dream literally moved me from his lap to let this new guy rest his head there. Like what? How dare he?

Not just that, one time, I meowed at Dream to pick me up and usually it'd only take him one meow before I was being cradled like a baby. But this new guy was saying something and Dream completely ignored me with how much he was wheezing.

Just yesterday, Sap was carrying him around the house. Ugh. A grown ass man. It's been so long since he's cuddled me. He barely even pets me these days.

5. Even my humans.

This new guy has no concept of personal space. He's just always in everyone's business. Like, the other day, he was watching Sap pee and laughing to Dream about it. He lays in their laps, gets in their beds in the middle of the night. I hate him.

I get shooed out of their rooms, doors shut in my face randomly throughout the day. 

They hate me. They don't want me around them. But he's in there, I saw him laying on the bed that day as the door was closed on me.

He's replaced me.

But sometimes...

When no one is around, he can be nice. He cooes at me and cuddles me.

But most importantly...

When my humans are sad... he makes them laugh.

Dream was sat cowering in his bed this one time, with red eyes and wet cheeks. I went over to check up on him. He was probably staring at his phone all day. Again. It makes him sad. This time, me sitting in his lap didn't help. But then he came in.

"Hey d'you wa-" he stopped and I fully thought he was gonna laugh at my Dream, but he reached for me and pet me. I had to pur, not because I like him, but because I was in Dream's lap.

"George..." Dream spoke shakily, "Why am I like this?"

The new guy smiled at him, "Like what? Cute? Stupid? Yeah I don't know."

For some reason, Dream wheezed so loud it spooked me. I jumped off but the new guy hugged him. And Dream cried. Really loudly.

Even I could tell he needed that. I didn't expect the new guy to be so... I don't know, mature? He just held my Dream.

...

So, today, when Sapnap was talking to me animatedly, bouncing me in his arms and rubbing my belly. 

At first, I couldn't think much. He's just so good at it. I couldn't focus on what he was saying. But I managed to squirm out of his grip to pay attention to his words.

"You wanna leave too? Fine, go. I'm just extra anyway. No one cares about me."

What.

I rubbed my head against his leg to show I care. But he walked away, sitting in front of his desk again, in front of the scary bright lights. 

I didn't know what to do, part of me did consider looking for the new guy, but no. He fights with Sap alot. They're not exactly- 

Uh oh. The new guy was right behind us, watching sneakily from the doorway. How long had he been there?

I tried to meow to alert Sap, but he picked me up and squished me to his face, I couldn't even move. 

When he finally noticed him, I thought this was it. The new guy was gonna make fun of Sap and Sap was never gonna talk to me. Never gonna love me again. 

But he set me down and ruffled his hair, "Sapnap?"

"Yeah?" Sap looked up at him and I circled his leg so he knew I wasn't leaving his side.

The new guy held Sap's face and kissed his cheek. I was shocked and judging by how stiff Sap had become, he was too. 

"You're cute," the new guy commented and sat on his lap. 

Weird. Sap didn't shove him away. 

Why were they being so nice? 

"Sapnap..." the guy whispered again, as if not to let me hear. 

That bitch. I decided to squeeze under the desk to be within earshot. 

"You matter, I care. Don't know about Patches though."

How dare he! 

Before I could scratch him up, he pet me. I-I couldn't... anyway...

For minutes after he was gone, Sap didn't move. I jumped up on his lap and  pawed his arm, but I don't think he even knew. There was a small smile on his lips and after what felt like forever, he picked me up and twirled me around laughing. It made me so dizzy but he laughed.

Fine, I'll admit it. He makes them happy.

Guess, I don't mind him.

_______

A/n

Tried something different. This was inspired by this beautiful art by pandemique-art on tumblr. Isn't it the cutest? Check them out for the part 2 of this lil comic strip below.

 Isn't it the cutest? Check them out for the part 2 of this lil comic strip below