💔20. Alone [DNN]

- Angst -

The Grief Series: Part 2- Dream(Chapter1)

WARNING- GRIEF, DEATH

Prompt- Sapnap and George grieve Dream's death in their own different ways. 

_______

(1) After the Funeral

Dream's mom adjusted Sapnap's tie and whispered, "Take care son. And keep calling home."

He met her empty eyes and nodded. Her face was stone cold, eyebrows lowered and close together. She hugged him tightly and Sapnap almost broke down. But he noticed Dream's little brother and stood up straighter, plastering a comforting smile. At least he hoped it was comforting.

He held onto little brother's hand and walked the family to a white Toyota Camry. He held the door open and made eye contact with Dream's dad, who turned away quickly, sniffling in the passenger seat. Closing the door gently, he walked around to the other side and squeezed the dad's shoulder. He coughed and sniffled even more and Sapnap retracted his hand.

His elbows rested on the back window. Drista looked up at him with watery eyes and smiled.

"Text me when you get there," Sapnap told her.

"Ok."

"And take care of them."

"Yeah, I will." She wiped her eyes. "You take care of yourself and George."

Sapnap's hands balled up but he gave her a warm smile.

"And don't do drugs," Drista added with a giggle. Dream's giggle.

Sapnap chuckled fondly, patting her head. He felt a tap on his shoulder and stood up. 

Punz pulled him into a one-armed hug and whispered, "All good?"

"Yeah, thanks dude."

"Don't thank me idiot," Punz squeezed his shoulders, his voice getting serious again, "Anything you need, just call me. Ok?"

"Yeah," Sapnap's gaze was fixed on his black converse. 

Punz pulled him into a real hug this time. Head buried in the wrinkled blazer, Sapnap felt his emotions begin to unravel again.
After all the speeches, he didn't think he had more tears left to cry. But boy was he wrong. The longer he felt the weight of the pats on his back, the closer he was getting to breaking down again. But he was very aware of Dream's family in the car, just a few feet away. So he stepped back and put the smile back on. 

Punz patted his shoulder one last time, then got into the driver's seat. Sapnap watched them drive away, waving back at Dream's brother. He felt emptier than before.

Shaking that feeling, he trudged down the sidewalk, head hung low. He didn't wanna run into anyone else. He couldn't cry anymore. He couldn't stay there anymore. He just wanted to go home. So he found his car and got into the passenger seat. This side of the car felt foreign. But today he didn't trust himself to drive.

The door shut and all the voices became muffled. He desperately rolled the window down and looked around for anything to focus on.

Everyone was scattering out, groups splitting up to go their own ways. His eyes landed on Skeppy's blue shirt. It stood out among the other black formals. Apparently he was too sleepy when he heard the news, he couldn't tell it was blue and not black.