💔22. Promise [DNN]

- Angst -

The Grief Series: Part 2- Dream (Last Chapter)

WARNING- GRIEF, DEATH, SUICIDE ATTEMPT

Prompt- Polar opposites Sapnap and George are not sure if they will last without Dream. That's when Sapnap remembers the promise he made to his best friend.

 That's when Sapnap remembers the promise he made to his best friend

(Art by @messy_gguki on twitter)

_______

(3) One month later

Sapnap clutched the steering wheel so hard, his knuckles were white. The car whizzed down the road recklessly. 

He was done. Done with George's bullshit.

"Leave me the fuck alone!" he had shouted. That stubborn British fuck.
All Sapnap did was try to help, but ugh...

His hand habitually dialed Dream on the touchscreen. He was the only one who'd understand. His logic never failed. He needed to hear Dream tell him it was gonna be alright. He won't believe anyone else.

"Hello, it's Dream," the automated message played, "Leave your message after the beep."

"Dream call me back! George is-"

"Bhahahaha!" Dream's wheeze rang through the car, "You stupid idiot you got trolled!" *Beep*

Sapnap chuckled, his muscles relaxing. The dumb message from the old prank. It gets him everytime. Ugh what an idiot. 

Shaking his head, he called him again. It wasn't until the third time that he looked at the screen in disbelief. Why wasn't he picking up? 

His eyes fell on his bracelet and it all came back to him. He couldn't pick up. He was never gonna call him back. It was never gonna be ok.

The wind on his face suddenly felt too heavy, black hair sticking to his forehead

The wind on his face suddenly felt too heavy, black hair sticking to his forehead. It was getting harder to breath. He turned on the A/C. But the minute the windows rolled up, anxiety rose in his chest. The silence was too much. He quickly let the windows down, wanting the noise to distract him. But the car had come so far from the city, there was hardly any sound. Hardly any buildings in sight. Just greenery till the eyes could see. And usually, he would enjoy a scenic route like this, but not today. Not anymore.