💔32. Guilt [DNN]

- Angst -

The Grief Series: Part 3- Sapnap (Chapter2)

WARNING - GRIEF, GRAPHIC DEATH, DEAD BODY

Prompt - The fateful day they find him dead.

_______

Tossing and turning the entire night, George laid uncomfortably on the couch. The grey throw blanket was too small to cover him but he didn't wanna walk up the stairs, past his room and hear the crying again. He couldn't. So he stretched the fabric as much as he could, distracting himself with some dumb TikToks.

Guilt gnawed at the pit of his stomach, he had been too harsh. His phone buzzed again and it was 5:32 am.

_______________________________________

Karl

_______________________________________

Almost there

cool

After downing 2 glasses of water, he sat at the kitchen island, head in his hands. The memory of Sapnap's dejected face flashed in his mind.

A sudden need to check on him hit George, but then he remembered waiting on the stairs all night, too scared to go back on his words. He pushed himself off the barstool and walked out the main door.

It was an unusually chilly morning for Florida. Or it could be that he had never been up at an hour like this. The patter of the neighbour's sprinklers calmed him as he stood at the porch, shivering. He could go back in and get the blanket but he didn't. He made his sick boy cry. He didn't deserve a stupid blanket.

A cab pulled into the driveway and Karl jumped out, holding a monster and crushed him in a hug.

"It's finally happening!" he exclaimed, already skipping into the house with an absurd amount of luggage.

When did he even get the luggage out? Where did the taxi go? Maybe George just zoned out. But he quickly caught Karl's elbow as he was about to head upstairs, "He's asleep right now. Go freshen up or something for when he wakes up."

Karl discarded his suitcases at the bottom of the stairs and nodded, "Imma hit the bed and sleep for 4 days."

"Quackity's in my room, you can take Dream's," George pointed up the stairs with his thumb, "He's sleeping with Sap so it's free."

Karl dropped the empty can in the bin and scaled the stairs, "Ok. See you in 8 hours."

George pulled out his phone and texted Dream, hoping he had it on silent.

Dream

Karl's here too

He sat back, resting his head on the back of the couch. His eyes fell shut and fatigue overtook him. He did not notice Dream walk down and settle on the couch next to him. It was only when he felt a weight on his hand that he pealed his eyes open. 

"It's gonna be ok," Dream spoke softly, "He was just upset about the whole thing."

George looked up apologetically, "Was I wrong?"

"No. You were right. But you could've been nicer," George's eyes dropped in shame and Dream laced their fingers together, "But it's ok, he knows he needs to rest. I've told him, chill."

George stared up at Sapnap's door, "Is he up?"

"Nope, out like a light," Dream sighed, head butting the back of the couch, "He was crying for a long-time last night," A quiet yawn escaped him as he said it.

George's sleep deprived eyes scrutinized the side of Dream's face, soaking in the details. Eye bags & messy hair, he looked like shit, but then again, George probably didn't look any better.

Dream caught him staring and a tired smile graced his lips, "What?"

George shook his head and pulled him onto his chest, laying back down. With Dream's weight on him, George could sleep forever. He smelled like Sapnap too. 

George's guilt subsided the more he took in the warmth of his lover. 

That was until a scream echoed through the house.

Dream jerked awake and sprinted up the stairs. George followed, his brain blanking from panic. 

Karl was walking backward out of Sapnap's room, a hand on his heart, eyes wide. Dream caught him before he could fall down the stairs.

George pushed past them into the room and Sapnap laid face-down on the floor, limp. George shook him but he didn't budge.

"Sanap? What happen-"

One of his hands was tucked under his head, like he was asleep, but when George tried to turn him over, he couldn't. He was rock solid. 

A scream tore out of George's throat, mind fogging up, "D-DREAM!" 

The blond rushed in and they turned him over with a lot of struggle. A stream of saliva had slipped out the corner of his mouth.

Dream backed away, frozen, eyes darting from Sapnap to George to the dampness on the bed. George scrambled to the phone on the nightstand and dialled 911 while Karl fell to his knees, hands on his head.

Dream couldn't lift Sapnap alone. A frazzled Quackity showed up at the door and grabbed the legs, helping carry the Texan down the stairs while George was heaving on the phone to the 911 lady. Dream yelled random instructions at Karl but he was too much in shock to pay attention. 

Dream drove shakily, rushing through the traffic. His eyes darted back and forth between the road and the rear-view mirror.

The nervous silence pulled sobs out of George. He was in the backseat having deja vu to the day Sapnap had a seizer. It was exactly this situation. George holding Sapnap's head in his lap, fear lumping in his throat that he just couldn't swallow. 

Except this time, Sapnap wasn't moving at all. His stiff body laid heavily on his lap. 

George tried so hard to unfold Sap's arm from under his head but the more pressure he put on it, the more fear consumed him. He couldn't find a pulse either, but he was desperately hoping he was too shaken up to be accurate. He had to be.

_______

A/n

Yeah, Sorry. Vote. Bye.