three

Nobody was overly chatty at breakfast, Lily and Marlene came over to sit with Greta to tell her all about their summer. Marlene had a summer fling with a muggle boy that moved in across the street from her who was a year older.

"He acted like we were going to get married and start a family. Was a blubbering mess when I ended it before summers end."

"At least he cared." Lily added.

"He cared a little too much for my liking. Could barely get a moment alone for Merlins sake. His main draw was he had a car."

The girls laughed at Marlenes shallowness.

"Poor lad. Probably cries himself to sleep because of you." Greta joked.

Lily got a new cat near the end of July, but before August rolled around it seemed to have disappeared.

"Probably got sick of seeing that sister of yours. Spooked the poor thing." Sirius chimed in.

"Despite what you all may think about her I still do love my sister." Lily said quietly.

Just then McGonagall approached the group handing each of them their schedules.

"Top of the morning Minnie, good summer holidays?" James greeted.

"Yes it was quite nice. Time away from you and Mr. Black has always been the most relaxing." she replied clearly trying not to smile.

Greta snorted as she tried to hold back her laughter as McGonagall continued down the Gryffindor table and a hurt look spread across James and Sirius' faces.

"Guess you arent her favourites like you've claimed." Remus said as he bit into his toast.

"She's just playing hard to get." Sirius said, still looking quite hurt at her words.

"We should get going." Lily said as her and Marlene stood up from the table. She bent over and scanned Gretas class schedule as she spoke "Looks like I'll see you in... potions, charms, herbology, and transfiguration." she smiled.

"See you then!" Greta called as the two walked away.

"What do you lot have?" Greta asked the boys as she reached for Remus' schedule.

She examined and compared each of the boys schedules with hers and was quite pleased to see they had nearly all of the same classes.

"You'll be my work partner right Rem?" she asked as she handed all of the schedules back. Before Remus could answer James cut in.

"Thats not fair! We have to rotate. The two smartest cant always be together."

"Youre all plenty smart you just dont put the work in." Remus pointed out.

"Same difference." James mumbled under his breath.

"Plus I dont trust the any of the three of you to get stuff done while Im away." Remus said waving his fork at James, Sirius, and Peter.

The three nodded as if to say he has a point.

"Then its settled." Greta said standing from her seat. "I get Moony and the three of you need to pick up the slack this year."

Remus chuckled at her comment and stood up as well.

"Come on now, dont want to be late on the first day." She said gathering her things and pulling Remus along by his sleeve down the Gryffindor table and out of the Great Hall, leaving the other boys to hurry after them.

─── 。゚☆: *. .* :☆゚. ───

TW: mention of blood