fourteen

The morning of November 3rd Greta got up before the sun peaked over the horizon, quickly getting ready for the day before sprinting to the boys dorm. She raced up the stairs as queitly as she could and barged into the dorm she spent most of her time in.

"HAPPY BIRTHDAY SIRIUS!"

Sirius shot straight up, starlted awake by by Gretas shout. James groaned poking his head out from under the blanket to see who woke him up at such an early hour. Peter was so startled he rolled right off of his bed, hitting the floor with a thump which really woke him up if Greta hadnt enough already.

Greta noticed Remus was missing, but had an idea of where he may have gone, calming her sudden burst a nerves ever so slightly. As James hid himself under the covers again and Peter headed to the bathroom rubbing his eyes, Greta pulled Sirius into a tight hug.

"Happy birthday. Sorry for waking you up."

"Its my favourite birthday tradition." he smiled.

"I'll let you get back to sleep. See you later Mr. legal."

Sirius laughed as he laid back down, falling back asleep almost immediately.

Greta left the dorm, closing the door slowly so it wouldnt disturb the two sleeping marauders again and then made her way further up the stairs of the tower.

"Morning." she said, slightly startling Remus who sat smoking on the ledge of window, right where she expected him to be.

"What are you do up so early?"

"I should ask you the same thing." Greta already knew the answer though. The full moon was just a couple days away and sleep was minimal the week leading up.

"Oh y'know." he glanced at his hands for a moment, white scars scattered here and there, then back to Greta as she took a seat across from him. "I heard your usual birthday wake up call." he said changing the subject.

"Was I really that loud?" she asked, slightly concerned.

Remus laughed slightly, nodding in response.

"Shoot."

The pair sat there in silence, Remus finishing his cigarette, admiring Greta as she watched the sun peak over the trees. 

"We should do this more often Rem."

Greta turned her head so she was facing Remus again. He quickly averted his eyes down, trying to make it seem like he wasnt just staring at her the last 10 minutes. He allowed his eyes to meet hers and put out his cigarette before answering.

"What do you mean?"

"Like... this. Sit here in the morning, watch the sun rise. Its so peaceful and doing it with you makes it more enjoyable."

Remus felt his cheeks begin to burn at Gretas words. He scratched his face in attempts to cover it up but knew she had already noticed.

"I'd love to. Wednesday mornings perhaps?"

"Sounds perfect."

The sun provided an orange tone light, making everything in its path have a warm glow, this included both Remus and Greta. As they sit on the window sill chatting, laughing, and smiling, they both are thinking the same thing about the other.

Theyre beautiful.

 ─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

Considering it was a Wednesday night, a lot of people showed up to Sirius' birthday party in the Gryffindor common room. Many students from Hufflepuff and Ravenclaw came, mainly those who were obsessed with the schools most chased after guy.