forty

Remus' birthday was celebrated exactly how he wanted to. Just the five of them, skipping dinner in the Greta Hall to stay in their dorm room to pig out on a chocolate themed feast, card games, and a little bit of light drinking.

Once again Greta slept over in the boys dorm, laughing and chatting into the early hours of tomorrow, all of them wishing Remus a final happy birthday till the next year, their last year at Hogwarts, all together.

As they bid each other good night, Greta found herself laying next to her boyfriend, tracing her finger along the side of his face, his neck, his shoulder, his arm, without a word spoken between the two for many minutes.

"Thank you for making today so great." he whispered, a smile present on his face.

"You deserve it. Im glad you enjoyed it."

"I enjoy anything as long as youre around."

Nearly three months of dating and six years of friendship yet Greta still felt herself blushing like crazy at Remus' words. Though it was dark, the moonlight being the only light in the room, Remus could tell she was blushing from her lack of response. He brought his hand to her cheek, brushing her hair away, confirming his suspicions as he felt her hot skin on the tips of his fingers.

"Do I make you nervous?" he asked jokingly.

"Shut up." she laughed shoving his chest lightly before his lips were on hers, fingers in her hair.

Greta reached her hand under his shirt, beginning to play with the waistband of his pyjama pants. Her other hand placed far back on the side of Remus' face, she felt his face heat up, exactly what she was going for.

She pulled away smirking.

"Do I make you nervous?" she asked mockingly.

"Yes." he replied simply, yet confidently without hesitation.

"Good."

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

Saturday morning finally arrived, Greta rushing out of the boys room at the crack of dawn to get ready with her other roommates for Mary's arrival.

"Morning!" Greta greeted cheerfully as she swung the door open. 

"Only a few more hours!" Lily squealed in a not so typical Lily fashion.

"Everythings ready?" Greta asked scanning the room which was slightly shifted from the last time she was there, shifted back to how it was last year.

A new bed was stationed between Iris' and Marlene's beds, along with a matching night table. The sheets were fresh, neatly splayed over the bed and tucked into the sides. The house elves must have been there before the other girls woke up.

"Everythings set. It took some convincing..." Marlene paused and shot Lily a look "but the party is a go."

"How could we not throw a welcome back party? You lot didnt have a party for Remus' birthday so we had to substitute somehow." Iris added.

"Remus didnt want a party." Greta explained.

"What he wanted some alone time with you? Hm?" Marlene teased, wiggling her eyebrows.

"No... he wanted to celebrate with just the five of us. No alone time."

"Shame. Isnt it?" Iris added.

"You guys are awful. What happens between Remus and I stays between Remus and I."

"So you did have some alone time?" Lily said joining the attack Greta train.

"NO!"

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

The four girls waited in their dorm for several hours, chatting excitedly about the return of their friend. After what seemed like forever, the door finally swung open and there stood Mary MacDonald. 

The girl was fairly short, a few inches shorter than Greta who stood at 5'6 and a third. Marys dark wavy hair was cut just slightly below her shoulder, a small piece braided at the front. Her eyes were lined with black makeup, slightly smudged, a new look from the old Mary who wouldnt let the girls go near her with any kind of makeup the previous year. She wore ripped jeans, a white tank top, a brown zip up hoodie with clunky boots that were dripping slightly with water from the rain outside, creating little puddles where she walked.

"Mary!" the four girls screamed, tackling the girl in a group hug which lasted several minutes.

"You look amazing!"

"Youre hair!"

"You started wearing makeup?!"

The girls blurted out compliments as they guided her into the room and to her bed to put her tote bag down, all of them surpised by the changes.

"There was some advantages of Beauxbatons I suppose. Most of them were arrogant pricks but there was a couple cool people." she joked.

"Really?" Iris asked.

"No. My roommates were horrible but they had great style and I thought it was about time I switch things up so, here we are."

"Aw Mary, Im sorry." Lily apologized for her friends less than great school experience.

"Its okay. Im glad I went, kinda, but Im so glad to be back. This is where I should be."

"Start and end at Hogwarts." Greta said.

"Exactly."

a/n

this is absolute trash im sorry i just wanted to update a little thing so bad and summer courses are kicking my ass rn plus work. i promise ill put more, BETTER chapters up throughout the week. thank you so so much for 4k reads, thank you for being so patient.

question of the day: have you ever switched schools?

answer: nope! only time i did was going from elementary to high school.