thirty

During the feast Greta was able to catch up with Lily, Marlene, and Iris briefly, chatting about what went on during their holiday breaks, Greta was sure to leave out the Remus thing though.

Over the break, she wrote to the three girls here and there, brief check ins and Happy Christmas. She debated asking Iris in a letter about what was happening in the closet just before the break, but decided against it in the end wanting Iris to tell people when she feels comfortable doing so.

The students were sent to bed immediately after the feast as classes would resume early the following morning, which surprisingly none of the marauders objected to as none of them got any sleep on the train ride there.

Greta wished her friends goodnight, watching them shuffle up the stairs, but Remus of course stayed behind to give Greta a quick kiss before running up after them. Greta slowly walked up the steps to the girls dormitory, and stopped when she heard someone jogging up behind her.

"Oh hey Gret." Iris greeted with a small wave.

"Hey. Out with the mystery person again?"

Greta noticed Iris' face looked slightly shocked when she said person instead of boy like they all usually do. The look came and went quickly as Iris responded.

"Yeah.. we uh, couldnt see each other over the break but wrote everyday."

"Thats sweet. Im glad you can see them again."

"Me too."

The conversation died as they entered the dorm room where Lily and Marlene were tucking themselves into bed.

"Off with Mr. Mystery again I see." Lily joked.

"Where else?" Iris laughed.

Greta wished she could just blurt out "I KNOW ITS NOT A BOY!" but knew that would be incredibly wrong of her. She wanted more than anything to respect Iris' privacy, but she had already invaded it much more than she shouldve so what was the harm in talking to her about it?

She drifted off to sleep that night going back and forth in her mind on what she should do, ultimately deciding against her impulses to come clean to Iris.

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

"Remus I swear to Godric." Greta snapped as Remus was about to put crushed bat wings in the cauldron before the beetle legs. He quickly drew his hand away from over the cauldron, placing the bat wings back on the table. "Thank you."

"Maybe I should just let you do everything. This is the third time Ive nearly ruined the whole potion."

"No no. Its okay. I know youre tired and I'm hogging the textbook which we wouldnt have to share if I was smart enough to remember mine."

She squeezed his shoulder gently, smiling up at him which he returned before they continued working.

It had been two weeks since school started once again. The full moon had occurred their third night back at Hogwarts and though Remus came out of it with minimal physical injuries, he was incredibly tired for much longer than usual. This worried all of the marauders, especially Greta, but Madame Pomfrey said it was normal for this to happen from time to time.

Greta felt partially to blame for his tiredness as most nights they would sneak out of Gryffindor Tower after the others had gone to have alone time together. Greta insisted many times they skip that day so he can get more sleep and several times hes taken her up on that as much as he didnt want to.