forty one

The first few days of Mary's adjusting back at Hogwarts Greta tried to do everything she could to make sure she was settling in and felt safe.
The year prior, Mulciber, a Slytherin, attacked her on her way back from Hogsmeade. Mary had gotten a bad head ache around mid-day and decided to head back to the castle. Lily, Marlene, and Iris offered to walk back with her but she declined not wanting to put an end to their day in the village. On her way back, Mulciber attacked her with what everyone assumes to be dark magic but was never announced to the students. After the attack, Mary's parents did not want her attending Hogwarts where they allowed such violent, dangerous students to attend so she transferred to Beauxbatons.
On the first day Mary was back, Marlene asked the obvious question that they'd all been wondering,
"How'd you get your parents to let you come back?"
"When I turned 17 last month I owled them about, since in the wizarding world I am an adult, and they said the choice is mine so here I am."
"And you feel okay here?" Lily asked, worry present in her voice.
"Yeah. Mulciber isn't even here anymore and I don't think anyone else will try anything..." she trailed off for a moment before finding her words again, "plus I have you guys! And Beaubatons was insufferable, my godric."
They laughed and continued to poke fun at the school, all speaking in phoney french accents. It was good to have a full room again.

─── 。゚☆: *. .* :☆゚. ───

Greta stared up at the stars sprinkled across the navy sky. Each one twinkling off beat from any other. Her head rest on Remus' lap, his hand playing with the end of her curls, pulling gently and watching as it springs back into place and twirling small pieces around his fingers.

"Which one is your favourite?" Greta blurted out.
"What is my favourite what?" Remus questioned, laughing slightly.
"Constellation."
Remus shifted, moving Gretas head off of his lap gently and scooting down so he was laying next to her. Taking her hand under his, he guided her pointing finger across the sky to a a section of stars.
"There."
"Taurus?"
"Yeah. Well I like the star cluster within it, the seven sisters y'know?"
"Mhm. Why's that your favourite?"
"I like the myth behind it. Orion trying to pursue them until Zeus turned them into a cluster of stars to protect them."
"I do like that one."
"Do you count that as a constellation through?"
"I suppose." Greta said sarcastically.
"What's YOUR favourite constellation then Miss astronomy?"
Greta took Remus hand in hers as he did just minutes before. She guided his hand over until they landed on a spot she was pleased with.
"Lupus" she whispered.
"And why's that?" he whispered in return as he tangled their fingers together. Greta turned on her side to face Remus and he did the same. Their eyes locked for several seconds before she answered his question which he already knew the answer to.
"Reminds me of you." she said softly breaking their eye contact. "I-I hope that doesn't offend you I just-"
"Greta." he smiled, cutting her off. "You could never offend me. I'm glad I take up so much space in your mind." he joked.
Greta smiled, shoving him with their connected hands gently before kissing him.
When they parted for a moment, Remus mumbled,
"I feel stupid about my choice now."

a/n
hi! i know this was super short compared to others but it's been so long since i updated. last time i did we were at 5k reads and now we're at 11k?!?! absolutely crazy!! to early on readers, thank you so much for the patience with the slow updates the last little bit and to the newer readers, welcome, thank you so much for showing this story so much love <3
i'll try to update tomorrow night as well and hopefully once i get back into the swing of things it'll be longer!

question of the day: do you like astronomy?
my answer: i think it's so cool and i love greek mythology so i would like to take more time to really educate myself on all the different constellations and their stories.