seventeen

The weeks following the full moon dragged on painfully slow. Greta's sleep was completely thrown off, James made Monday, Thursday, and Saturday qudditch practice days which meant she was up at half after four in the morning. She would stay in the boys dorm till late every night, then struggle falling asleep when she finally returned to her own bed, unable to turn her mind off.

November was nearly over, the air was becoming colder, not a leaf was left on the trees, the sun began to rise later and set much earlier. The second last Saturday of November had approached finally, the second Hogsmeade trip of the year, the one where she got all her Christmas shopping done. She managed to convince James earlier that week to cancel that weekends practice which he agreeded to easier than Greta thought he would. 

Greta shot out of bed the before Lily could even finish calling her name, startling the red head. She quickly got ready, threw her bag over her shoulder and swung the door open, just as she did a voice boomed up the stairs, causing those in the hall to jump slightly.

"GRETA!" Sirius' yell echoed down the hall and all around the common room.

"Are you trying to wake up the entire UK?" she heard Remus ask.

Greta laughed at the boys as she made her way down the stairs.

"Calm down, I'm here." Greta said flipping her hair over her shoulder dramatically.

"Im a dee-"

"We arent doing this today, Prongs." Peter cut in.

"You lot are no fun."

The five made their way to the Greta Hall for breakfast, each one excited about the day trip.

"Not gonna ditch us again eh Dot?" Sirius asked bumping into Greta's side.

"Shut up." she snapped, stumbling slightly. "New topic."

"We could go down to Madam Puddifoots if you'd like, so we could relive those fond memories together." James joked.

"I'm offended you think I'd ever step foot in that place!"

"But did he suggest it?" Peter questioned, raising an eyebrow.

Greta looked around, avoiding the question, making it very obvious William had proposed the idea.

"Shouldve known then he had a couple screws loose." Sirius laughed.

As they made their way to the Gryffindor table, Greta noticed Remus was awfully quiet on their walk there. She slowed down, letting the other three get ahead on the opposite side of the table before grabbing his elbow gently.

"Everything okay?"

"Yeah, just a little tired." he forced a smile, hating that he was upset over the mention of Gretas date that happened months ago. Jealous that she wasted time on William when Remus could barely get a word in with her. He hated this part of himself almost as much as he hated the wolf. He didnt want to be jealous, an ugly trait in his opinion, but he couldnt stop it, just like he couldnt stop loving someone he knew he could never have.

"Oh okay." Greta replied letting go of his elbow as they sat down across from the others. "Im sure Honeydukes will wake you up."

Remus smiled at her comment as they began eating. Sirius and James on the other hand were trying to see who could stuff more pancakes in their mouth.

"Nmhmthmm" Sirius mumbled, mouth stuffed.

"Sorry I didnt catch that." Remus said sarcastically.