fifteen

Remus woke up feeling like someone had dropped the whole castle on his head, not remembering what put him in this state. He slowly tried to open his eyes but as soon as the light peaked through to his eyes, he quickly shut them again groaning, covering his face with a pillow.

He heard footsteps approaching his bed, much louder than they should be, the sound booming through his head, making his ears ring. 

"How're you feeling Rem?" 

He could tell Greta was whispering, but to him it was like she was yelling directly into his ear.

"Not good." the pillow muffling his response.

"Youre not the only one. We're all skipping morning classes, the other three are in pretty rough shape as well. I stayed up most of the night holding Sirius' hair back while he hurled."

Remus laughed at the image, something he himself has had to do for not only Sirius, but Greta, on more than one occasion.

"Sounds like a riot."

"It sure was. I'll leave you be. Let me know if you need anything."

Before she walked away, Remus felt her hand squeeze his arm gently, glad he had the pillow over his face to hide the redness of his face.

As Greta walked away from Remus' bed, her stress which she carried with her all night lessened. Maybe he didnt remember their conversation after all.

He could remember it later on though. she thought to herself. Or maybe he remembered and isnt saying anything.

Greta's mind had been scrambled about it all night, the stress of what could happen because of her sudden confession left her tossing and turning all through the night, that is when she wasnt dealing with the other boys.

She laid back down on her mattress, staring at the ceiling, knowing she wouldnt catch any more sleep than she did during the night.

 ─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

Remus remembered something.

It was two days after Sirius' birthday, a day beffore the full moon and the only word he could use to describe how he felt was shitty.

He stood next to Greta at their usual spot in potions as she crushed beetle eyes and threw them into their brewing pot.

"Gret."

"Rem." she replied as she skimmed her finger down the page of the potions book.

"You brought me up to bed the other night, right?"

Greta felt panic wash over her, begining to feel light headed, but tried her best to continue acting normal.

"Yeah, why?"

"I remember us talking, but cant remember what about."

Greta sighed in relief quietly, feeling like 100 pounds were lifted off of her.

"It wasnt anything really. You were just speaking a load of nonsense." she lied.

Now it was Remus' turn to panic. What if he told her he fancies her and she's lying about it? If he did would she really be acting this normal towards him? Maybe she just feels guilty and wants to pretend it didnt happen at all.

The rest of the day Remus stressed about what may or may not have happened the other night, not able to focus in class, or even stress about the upcoming full moon. It especially didnt help that Greta sat next to him in 95% of his classes.