thirty nine

The days following were somewhat awkward for the group. Of course Greta and Remus were glad they didn't have to hide their relationship anymore, and could do simple things like hold the others hand in the corridors, but they tried their best not to be too couple like.

Neither one was ever a showy person, preferring to keep their private life just that, private. They didn't feel the need to showcase their relationship to the whole world, deciding to keep the pda to a minimum, even around their friends.

Nobody minded this decision at all. In fact, it was basically as if Greta and Remus weren't dating at all. Remus would walk Greta to her dorm to kiss her goodnight so the boys didn't have to see, he never dared to let his lips go any further than her cheek if anyone else was near. It was the early stages though, with time comes comfort just like before everyone knew.

Thursday morning was welcomed without rain for the first time in a while. The dim lit morning sky was filled with clouds, the sun rising behind them outlining each one with orange and pink hue.

Greta cracked her eyes open slowly but then shooting up when she realized what day it was. Quietly she rolled off of the mattress stationed between her brother and Remus' beds, and crawled into Remus' next to him. She propped herself up on her elbow, looking down at the sleeping boy next to her. Bringing a hand up to his face, her fingers pushed the messy hair out of his face and along his scalp. She brought her face down just below his ear and whispered, "Remus, wake up my love." then kissed his neck softly before speaking again.
"Rem."

His eyes fluttered opened as he smiled, loving the morning greeting he's received.

"Morning." he croaked, his eyes squinted and puffy from sleep.

"Happy birthday." Greta whispered smiling, kissing his lips, then along his face, down his neck, and along his exposed shoulder, slowly, taking in every second of him as he ran his fingers through her hair and down her back.

"They aren't awake are they?" he asked, his voice hushed.

"I don't think so no."

"I am! Don't do anything gross!" Sirius said from across the room.

"What?" James groaned, sitting up rubbing his eyes with one hand while the other searched around the night table for his glasses.

"Moony and Gret are indulging in some mornin-"

"DONT you dare finish that sentence Black!" Greta shouted standing from Remus' bed. Her bold tone caused Peter to be startled awake, a quiet "AH!" coming from his bed.

"Morning what?" James asked confused.

"It doesn't matter. Are you forgetting what today is?" Greta said quickly trying to switch the subject.

"HAPPY BIRTHDAY REMUS!" the three boys said in unison.

"Thank you." Remus chuckled as he sat himself up a little straighter in bed, grabbing Gretas wrist, pulling her back down on the bed.

She sat on the edge of the bed as the boys began to talk about the game plan for the day, which originally involved ditching class but Remus of course kyboshed that ideas.

Greta felt Remus' hand rubbing her back gently, lifting her shirt slightly as his hand went higher. His hand was warm as he traced random patterns on her back, relaxing Greta completely.

His hand pulled away suddenly, but soon enough his hands found their way around her torso, his chin resting on her shoulder as he laughed at something Greta wasn't paying attention to.

"You okay?" He whispered to her as the other boys continued the conversation.

"Yeah why wouldn't I be?"

"I don't know you just seemed out of it."

"Well you're the one distracting me."

"How so?" He smirked.

"This." she said running her hand along his arms which were still clasped around her. "Around them."

"They're gonna have to get used to it."

"Helloooo." James dragged on waving his hand at them.

"What?" Greta snapped a little too harshly.

"Go get ready so we can leave for breakfast."

"Right." she stood up once again, Remus' arms slipping off of her as he sat back in his bed. "I'll see you in a few then."

With that she left and headed back to the girls dorm, passing through the busy common room as the students of Gryffindor house headed out for the day, the majority moving sluggishly after a long week without being able to get some fresh air.

Greta swung the door open, immediately being greeted by Lily holding a piece of parchment, a letter.

"GRETA FINALLY!"

"What's going on? Is everything okay?" Greta questioned with slight panic.

"You'll never guess!" Marlene chimed in.

"W-what is it?"

"Mary is coming back to Hogwarts!" Iris said quickly before the beaming red head could. Lily's smile was so wide Gretas cheeks started to hurt.

"Merlin, that's amazing!" Greta shouted. "When?"

"Next weekend! I miss her so much, I can't believe shes actually coming back!" Lily rambled.

"Especially after what happened last year." Iris added, her voice slightly hushed.

The rooms excited energy suddenly went silent, like a rain cloud was hovering over them.

"She'll be fine! This is a good thing for everyone, I can't imagine she'd come back if she really like Beauxbaton." Greta said trying to bring the mood back up.

"Exactly! We should get going, see you at breakfast?" Lily asked grabbing her bag.

"Yeah, don't forget it's Remus' birthday." Greta reminded.

"Of course. Cant forget lover boys big day." Marlene mocked.

"Shove off." Greta smiled waving off the girls as they left.

She was glad they knew.

wc: 945
a/n
update yay! sorry the last couple days have been so busy. this is kinda boring but hope you enjoyed and THANK YOU for nearly 3k reads!

question of the day: what's your zodiac sign?

my answer: aries!