twenty four

Remus woke early Tuesday morning filled with excitement but also extreme nervousness. He was barely out of bed when he began cleaning, trying to make sure everything was absolutely perfect. By noon, an hour before Greta was due to arrive, Remus had showered twice, switched sweaters a total of six times, and was continuously running his fingers through his hair, the flattening it neatly.

He had no idea why he was so nervous. He's spent almost all his time with her the last how many years, has seen him at his absolute worst, and now hes acting like he's never met her before.

☽ 

"Wear this."

"Sirius no."

"What about this?"

"Im having dinner with his parents not a common room party, thats completely inappropriate!"

"Im SORRY Im trying to help you!"

Sirius had taken it upon himself to help Greta pick out what she was going to wear to Remus' even though she already knew what she wanted to wear days ago. Everything Sirius had picked thus far had either been extremely formal, too casual, and too... revealing.

"What about this then?"

Sirius held up a mustard yellow sweater, and multi coloured plaid pants, something Greta wouldve never paired together, but loved.

"Its perfect. Youre a genius!"

"Oh I know. Now get ready, your hairs a disaster."

"Gee thanks."

"Anytime." Sirius sent her a wink then left the room smirking.

Greta got ready fairly quickly, fixing her hair which was not a disaster, just a little out of place, applying a little bit of mascara and of course her favourite lipstick which had a slight strawberry flavour. Soon enough she was gathering the things she was bringing the to Lupins house and saying goodbye to her family for the remainder of the day.

"Have fuuun!" Sirius said in a cheery voice.

"Not too much fun!" James follwed up more stern than he intended.

"Youll hear all about it when I get home."

"We're really filling in for the girls this break arent we?" James asked.

"I dont know why you sound so upset about this, I cant wait, see you tonight." Sirius added before Greta grabbed a small handful of floo powder, stepped into the fireplace and said "The Lupins House." in a loud clear voice. Just like that she was gone, finding herself standing in a different fireplace than before.

"You must be Greta! Its so good to finally meet you!" an older woman, who Greta assumed was Remus' mother said pulling her into a hug.

"Its lovely to meet you!"

The woman released Greta from the hug, stepping back to look at her.

"Youre even prettier than in the picture in Remus' room." 

"Oh, thank you." Greta could feel her face turn slightly red, she was never good at receiving compliments.