thirty five

The weekend was over before Greta knew it, early morning quidditch practice on Sunday had taken a lot of her energy and she ended up sleeping into the afternoon along with Sirius. As always they complained to James about the early hours he chose for practice but he still refused to budge.

Sunday evening, Greta fell asleep before her head could even hit the pillow. Knowing she was going to be up late the next night, she wanted to get as much rest as she could.

Monday dragged on slowly, what the teachers were saying turned into white noise as Greta zoned out entirely all thorughout the day, day dreaming about her evening plans with Remus.

"Greta?" Remus shook her slightly to get her out of her daze.

"W-what?" she jumped slightly, sitting up straighter in her chair.

"Time to go." he smiled.

She looked around the Transfiguration classroom to see all of the students filing out as McGonagall had turned her back and was shuffling things around on her desk.

"Sorry, lets go. I'll walk you to your last class."

"No no. I'll walk you to yours."

"Its my week to do it, Rem."

"I'm not gonna allow it. Cmon now." he grabbed her by the wrist and began dragging her down the halls, weaving through the crowded corridors down to the wet grounds where a small group of students were beginning to gather.

"Hey guys!" Peter yelled as they made their way down the small hill.

Greta waved and Remus let go of her wrist, a little ways away from Peter.

"I'll see you later on."

"Cant wait. Bye Pete!" Remus waved as he turned away and headed back up to the castle, jogging slightly.

As Greta got closer to Peter she could see that he was wiggling his eyebrows. "You and Moony holding hands eh?"

Greta smacked his shoulder almost instantly. "We were not. He was dragging me by the arm. Take a class in the human body."

"Let me know when they offer one here." He joked.

"Oh shove off." Greta laughed.

Maybe we should tell the boys soon. She thought to herself.

。゚☆: *. .* :☆゚.

"Why arent you eating?" James asked his sister, a hint of worry in his voice.

"What do you think I'm doing right now?" she replied as she brought a spoonful of corn to her mouth.

"I mean why are you eating so little?" he corrected himself.

"Not very hungry. Got carried away with my inbetween class snacks." She lied.

"Yeah and she didnt even offer me any." Remus said adding onto her lie.

She smiled and bumped his shoulder slightly. Neither one was eating a lot, Remus had claimed he was "stuffed" a few minutes prior, which nobody questioned as his appetite often changed because of his lycanthropy.

After dinner, Greta stayed in the boys room until Sirus got cranky, signaling it was time for bed. With a yawn, Greta wished the boys a good night, shooting Remus a look before she closed the door.

When she returned to her own dorm, Lily and Marlene were still awake but barely. Talking to each other from their beds as they lay down in the dark, waiting for sleep to come around. Greta assumed Iris was somewhere with Victoria, celebrating the lovers holiday.

Greta blindly dug through her trunk in the pitch black and pulled out a simple black dress and red zip up hoodie, as well as the red lipstick she was sporting on New Years. In less than a minute she managed to get ready before heading downstairs, telling the half asleep girls thatshe was going back to the boys room for a while. They groaned in response and she knew they werent going to question her when she returned.

Quietly she made her way back downstairs to the empty common room and sat on the couch, pullling the sweat shirt around her as she watched the fire.

"Ready?" A voice that could be nobodys but Remus' asked.

She turned around to see him in black slacks, with a white collared shirt, invisibility cloak in hand. The fire light danced along his skin gently, highlighting the scattered scars here and there as the flames moved. 

"You look so pretty." Greta blurted out.

"Pretty huh?"

"The prettiest." Greta smiled as he threw the cloak over their heads.

"I think that title goes to you actually."

"Shut up. Lets go."

With that, they left the common room, making their way to their  spot, just under Honeydukes.

Gretas hand gripped Remus' the whole way, his thumb rubbing small circles on her hand as he always did. She wondered if at this point he didnt realize he did it and it just came so naturally, without even thinking about it. She loved it, but hated letting go. Hated the cold feeling over her whole hand, but specifically that one spot, where he had once been. 

If they told the boys, she wouldnt have to let go as often.

wc: 820

a/n

hi! sorry for such a short chapter. ive been working late and i usually write at night. tomorrow im off earlier and ill try to put out a better, longer one. i promise. i have plans for it and was gonna include that chapter into this one but thought id stretch it out a little. anyways thank you for reading and supporting!

question of the day: what magical creature would you want as a pet?

my answer: fire breathing chicken. idk it just sounds so cool but so dumb. i love it. imagine going to someones house and ur like "aw a chicken!" and then it breathes fire.