forty two

The day of chaos was upon them.

The five marauders sat in the middle of the boys dorm, staring at the clock as it read 11:59 on March 26, 1977.

"Almos-"

"Shut up would ya?" Sirius cut Peter off abruptly.

"No need to be rude, Paddy." Greta scolded punching his arm, the other three looking at the potential argument about to occur.

"Do you really want the first words on your birthday being Peter saying how its almost your birthday?"

The group glanced back at the clock to find it read 12:00.

"Would you look at that. The first words spoken on mine and James' birthday was you complaining about Peter commenting on how its almost out birthday. Thank you Mr. Black." Greta spat sacastically.

The room was silent for a moment, Sirius embarrassed ever so slightly. Greta and her brother met eyes for a brief second before yelling at each other,

"HAPPY BIRTHDAY!" as they tackled each other into a hug. "Why thank you." they said in unison, an ongoing thing they would do every year.

"Happy birthday." Sirius said bringing James into a hug first, but before he could turn to Greta, her and Remus were already putting on an overly affectionate show.

"Youre disgusting did you know that?" James complained.

"How many people has Sirius snogged infront of you and you havent said a word? Hm?" Greta challenged.

"Sirius isnt my sister."

"Why should that make a difference?"

"Because it DOES!"

"Okay, okay. Time for bed, yeah?" Remus cut in quickly.

"Yeah. Big day ahead of us." Peter added.

"First party of the year without a designated sober person!" Sirius cheered, pumping his fist in the air.

"Its a trial. We arent going crazy remember?" Greta reminded him.

"Sure we arent." Sirius winked. "Well g'night!"

"Night." the other four called back as they made themselves comfortable in their own beds.

Greta, like always, found herself in Remus' bed. Her head rested on his chest, listening to his heart beating, feeling the rise and fall of his chest. His finger tips traced along the side of her face and along her hair gently, nearly putting her in a trance.

She snapped herself out of it quickly, sitting up to peer around the room to check the consciousness of the others before closing the curtains around Remus' bed.

"What are you doing?" he asked, his voice a raspy whisper.

"I dont want to go to sleep yet."

"We dont have to."

"Good." Greta laid herself back down onto Remus, his hands resuming what they were doing moments ago like there had been no interruption.

"Is everything okay, my love?"

Gretas heart fluttered at the name despite being with Remus for several months. She didnt think the butterflies would ever completely leave though.

"What are we going to do next year?"

"What has you thinking about that all of a sudden?"

"Its been on my mind a lot lately and more so with my birthday. I know youre worried about it to so I didnt want to bring it up but youre the person I should be talking about it with. I know we have a rough plan, but what if it doesnt work out? What if we cant find a place to live, or work?"

"Greta." Remus whispered softly as he pushed stray pieces of hair out of her face. "We're going to be okay. And if my problem holds you back then..."

"Rem. Dont be silly."

"Im not. I dont want to be what keeps from having a good life."

"You wont be. You arent. We've talked about this already."

"I know and I want you to know that I havent changed my mind. I want to build a life outside of here with you more than anything, but I dont want to ruin your life by doing so."

"Remus stop." Tears began to pour from Gretas eyes onto his shirt. She didnt want to think about not being with him after waiting to be for so long and hated that he'd even suggest what he was. She sat up, wiping her eyes.

"I-I'm sorry. Please dont cry, I'm sorry." he stuttered, sitting up next to her.

"I'm not going to leave you if things get tough and youre stupid to think that I would."

"I just wa-"

"Want me to be happy. Have the good life I deserve. I know. But do you ever think that being with you is the good life I deserve, what makes me happy?"

He was silent, refusing to meet her eyes. She reached for his hand and wrapped her own around it.

"Youre the only person I have and always want to be with. If we face problems in the future, we'll deal with them together."

"I'm sorry." was all Remus managed to spit out.

"Dont be."

"Well, you wanted to talk about what youre worried about and I turned it into this. So I am sorry."

"This actually helped." Greta smiled. "So thank you."

As Remus met her eyes, she leaned forward and pressed a kiss against his lips, letting it last a few moments before pulling away.

"I love you." she whispered

"I love you more."

With a grin Greta pulled them together again, allowing their lips to move together, his hands to travel through her hair and along her waist, deepening the kiss with every passing second.

It wasnt a bad start to her birthday.

a/n

update finally!

still trying to get back into the groove of things so bare with me. there have been so many new readers so thank you so so much for reading and voting and COMMENTING!!!  so many comments, i love to read through them all it makes me so happy so thank you <3

question of the day: sleep with the door open or closed?

my answer: closed always!!!!! idk i feel safer with my door closed. like more privacy obviously, but then it also prevents me from staring off into the dark hallway and my mind creating shapes and stuff in the dark and me freaking out thinking somethings watching me or something. anyways...