Chapter 8 - All within the growl

"I don't like this." I pushed in the last pin into my French twist hair style as I stared at the man in the mirror; his bring green eyes alive with anger.

"It's just a ceremony, Elric."

"At their land." I sighed as I stood up from my bench in front of my vanity and stepped into the red stilettos, zipping them up from the back.

"Do you trust me?"

"Yes!"

"Than trust me when I say I know, with the upmost faith, nothing will happen to me." His eyes narrowed slightly as he stopped forward, reaching his hand out for the necklace. "It's silver."

"I know; I've been handling it a bit more to build up my tolerance like you."

"That's good to know. It can still kill us, but maybe a few stabs and slices won't be our undoing."

"Are you sure this piece is right to wear?" he asked as he clasped the chain together.

"Don't you think the single ruby pendant brings out my eyes?"

"And the point at the end makes the eye catch the cleavage it's pointing to Fire, but you know why I am asking."

"When the piece begins to be too heavy, or if it starts to burn, it's my clue to come home. You know I don't do anything without thinking it through." He nodded and looked me over. "Well, do I approve the black tie affair requirement?" I smoothed down the satin black dress, the lace running along the top of my bodice that dipped down to a sharp v right between the breasts, making them push up without being indecent while the rest of the satin material clung to the body. The dress also had a slit on the left side from the bottom of the dress, all the way up to the left hip.

"You look amazing Fire."

"Thank you. If anything happens, call me." The vampire nodded and I grabbed my purse and

my keys, heading to my car.

-----

"Alpha Grayson, can you please come here, we have a problem." I ground my back teeth as I tapped my nails against the black steering wheel cover of my new corvette, waiting for Grayson to show. Even though I had my invite, and had already given it to this security team, they weren't allowing me out of my car with the reason being, and I quote 'your stench is too foul to allow in there'. It took all my strength not to string them up but for fear of ruining my dress, okay, and a party, I wasn't going to do that.

"What is it Steven?"

"There is a vampire here." Grayson turned and looked at the car before walking over and opening the door for me.

"Nice car." I smirked as I set my leg out to climb out, the slit opening wide to revel the leg. "Nice legs." This time the twinkle reached my eyes as I climbed out and looked him in the eye, the heels making me damn near the same level. Although, he broke eye contact as he took in the appearance before him, from the top of my do to the toes peeping out. "God damn, you look stunning," he growled slightly. The wolf behind him cleared his throat and Grayson turned around. "I know you are just doing your job but those invites can't be forged and Fire is a personal guest of both my dad and myself, vampire or not."

"Yes sir, and sorry sir."

"No worries." And with that, Grayson walked me through the house and out the back area, his hand burning as he touched the skin on my lower back, the dress being backless. "Fire?"