Chapter 38 - A meeting

I leaned back in my desk chair, my eyes looking out my window. I was too lost in my thoughts and in my feelings. So much has gone on and I can't even begin to start trying to understand. Richard turning into a demon really freaked me out. And then Grayson saying my eyes changed. How? Why? That was unlike me. No matter what, my eyes had never changed.

There was a common theme with these demons but hell if I, or we, could figure it out. We had left that night with Dylan and Elric, and man oh man, was Dylan pissed. Not at us, mind you, but that an Alpha could become this thing. And add in the fact that I commanded it? Yeah, we were all swimming out of our depths on this one. And the reports back were the same as the other three.

I let out a sigh, turning as my door opened and Grayson walked in. Just the sight of him sent a calming feeling through me.

"Hi," he said as he took the chair in front of my desk.

"Hey."

"You look like you are thinking?"

"I don't think I've stopped. Don't you feel like we are missing something; that we are over looking something?"

"Big time, but I'll be damned if I can figure it out."

"What if it's not in the reports?" I asked.

"You mean try to focus elsewhere?"

"Yeah. Richard," I started and then paused, wondering how to voice what my mind had been tossing around, "he had been different, eccentric even."

"Yeah, I would agree."

"Maybe we should look at behavioral patterns leading up to them changing. What if it's something rooted in that?" Grayson crossed his arms over the white polo shirt that he was wearing and it caused me to look over his attire. He was dressed nice, but casual. "Are you going somewhere?" He jumped slightly, the question pulling him out of his thoughts and he looked himself over.

"Yeah, a meeting, don't you know about it?"

"I guess not, what meeting? Where? And with whom?" Before Grayson could answer any of my questions, however, Charles knocked and then poked his head into my office.

"Your nine o'clock meeting is in the conference room and waiting for you." I wrinkled my brows even more.

"Charles, I know of no such meeting."

"It's on your calendar ma'am. I put it there last week."

"I'm telling you, it's not." I leaned over to bring my computer on and opened my calendar, shocked to see a meeting at nine in conference room B with those new clients. I call bull shit! I get notifications to my phone to let me know about those but I had nothing.

"Very well. I gather, Grayson, you are to be here for that too?"

"As far as I know, yes. I got a text saying to be here."

"Why is everything so fucking fishy?" I growled out and stood up, Grayson walked over to me.

"Stop babe, you are getting worked up over nothing." He kissed my head and I sighed. This wasn't just nothing, but given the turn of my life recently, guess it was just time to chalk it all up and realize I had no control. We walked down to the conference room and Grayson opened the door, allowing me to walk in. I looked up as I entered, the sight before me giving me a hell of a Goddamn shock. I stared from one face, to another, and finally to the last one. No, I wasn't seeing this; no way in hell was I seeing this.