Chapter 10 - My home, my coven

"Fire, are you okay?" Grayson asked as he helped me to stand up.

"Yes," I said and then hissed again, feeling the burn coming on. "But I must go."

"You won't stay for the run?"

"This is your pack, their time to be with you, not have a vampire stench to tarnish it." I grimaced as I tried to rub my skin where the necklace was sitting.

"You reached your time."

"Yes, and it's not like I can hold on to it."

"Please go take care of yourself. Not like you could keep up with us anyway," he teased as he walked me out to my car. He opened the door and rested his hand on mine as it rested on the door frame.

"I can't run, but I can mist to keep up with you." I winked at him and got into the car, knowing he would be confused by that. "Goodnight Grayson, enjoy the run."

"Goodnight Fire."

-----

Grayson changed and meet his pack at the line and turned to his father before they shifted. "Dad?"

"Yeah?"

"You know Fire pretty well." Tyler nodded and looked at his son. "She said something when I asked her to join for the run."

"Let me guess, she said no, but did she say why?"

"No, she just told me to enjoy my first run with the pack."

"Smart woman. What is it that you're questioning?"

"She said something about turning into a mist. But, I have never heard of a vampire doing that."

"Fire is unlike anyone you know, trust me. She holds a lot of secrets. But, you must ask her, not me. That is, if you want to get close to her. I will say that from what I know, she can turn into a misty form, at a price." Grayson looked at his dad, having so many more questions, but he knew his dad was right; he was going to have to go to the source. Not just cause it was right but because his dad wasn't going to spill.

He smiled as the pack started showing up and he was the first one to shit, letting out a howl and tore off down their land, the other members returning his howl and following him.

-----

I pulled up to my house, trying my best not to shake as the skin kept burning. I had already removed the necklace, but I must have burned my neck pretty bad as it kept stinging. And that was something I never did. But, watching that, being there, was an honor I couldn't walk away from, so I went past the first start of the pain to stay. And that was my mistake, a foolish one at that.

I sighed and glanced out the window as Elric stepped up, opening the door for me. I smiled as I climbed out and leaned on him.

"Did you have to stay so long?"

"Yes. To get to see official pack business when no one else does, you know you would have stayed too." He scrunched up his nose as he helped me through the door and up to my room.

"Maybe. You stink horribly Fire, do you want me to start a bath?" I glanced at him and laughed.

"I gather it's a pretty strong smell of mutt."