Chapter 25 - Matter of time

I sighed and shoved my phone in my pocket. God, just a fucking moment to breathe, that's all I wanted. A moment to enjoy the warmth of this sexy ass wolf I was paired with, but it looked like that wasn't happening. Hell, we couldn't even have a date night to get to know each other better.

I helped him put stuff away, the anger probably coming off in waves. Grayson stepped up behind me and wrapped his arms around my waist and he leaned his head on my shoulder.

"What has you so ticked off?"

"I want a moment of peace. I want a moment to be with you. I want a moment to get to know you. And it feels like I can't be given that."

"Hey, that's not true. You know things about me that no one else does."

"That's not what I mean." He spun me around and kissed my nose before kissing my lips.

"Would you like a 48 hour get away? Just you and me, no phones, nothing to bother us? A way for us to get closer?"

"You would do that?"

"I am a busy guy, but trust me, nothing is more important than getting to know my mate. So, are you game?" I played with my lips and nodded.

"You're an Alpha!" He grinned and then took my hand as he grabbed the basket in the other one.

"Perfect, just leave everything to me."

-----

"What have you found out?" I asked as I walked into the room, followed by Grayson. I looked at both doctors as we stood in the room, both of them being fidgety. I frowned, feeling Grayson next to me, picking up the same vibes.

"You guys okay?" Both doctors glanced at each other.

"You start Vince." Vince nodded his head and looked at Grayson.

"Alpha," he started, "we ran the tests, many tests actually, on both. We even cross examined them, finding out different traits, yet similarities in them." Vince cleared his throat and glanced at the other doctor before going on. "Both are...demonic." I looked at Vince, than my friend John and finally at Grayson, wrinkling my brows.

"How is that even possible?"

"That I can't answer yet Fire," John said, shrugging. "We just know that their bites are lethal and poisonous, that their fangs have some type of poison that comes out."

"But demons don't exist. And even if they did, how the hell would we have demons?" I glanced at Grayson, agreeing with his question.

"I'm sorry sir, I can't answer the how, but I can assure you, that's what they are. The eyes played a huge part in even starting there. But none of us carries poison within our teeth," Vince assured. I pinched my nose and sighed. What the hell was going on? Was this just the start of it?

"We can't be poisoned. You understand this right? It's not as if some other being can just take over us."

"We can't, but we can be bitten and can be changed," John said. "Come look." I walked over to the body of the vampire cut open and then turned as Vince removed the sheet from the wolf, cut open as well.

"As you can see, the organs had started decaying, but if you look," Vince said, pointing to bites on their skin over their hearts, "those are not made by any creatures that we know of. None of us pierce with three sets of fangs." I looked between the two and slowly shook my head.