Chapter 21 - The book

I walked behind him, my fingers still laced with his as I took in the surroundings, which all very much screamed Grayson. There was a lot of blacks and gray's with some splashes of blue. All dark colors, but it was something I enjoyed. Although, there was something that caught my eye on the bed and I walked over to the red pillow with the small rose on it and lifted it up, looking at it then at him.

"What?" he asked as he kept watching me.

"Why?"

"It's the color of your eyes. And the rose..."

"For our scents."

"I know it may be stupid, but I hold that pillow a lot when I sleep." I couldn't help it, I blushed! No one had ever told me anything so romantic, and I loved it all the more.

"It's the sweetest thing I've heard actually. Watch it Grayson, you might start turning into a love sick pup." He laughed and I hugged the pillow to me, allowing my smell to be on it which made him smile all the more.

"It's bad enough the room smells like you; my poor mom will kill me."

"Yes, maybe." I sat down on the bed and Grayson walked over, taking the spot next to me. His hand grabbed mine and I saw him looking at the back of it, tracing the veins. He finally brought my hand up and kissed the back of it. I felt my heart flip at that and gave him a smile, which he returned. "Did you bring me up here to show me stuff?"

"No, I thought we might kiss a bit." And before I knew it, he had me pinned on my back and his nose buried in my neck.

"If you wanted to make out, you could have told me." He kissed along my neck and up over my jaw before he captured my lips. And the spark singed my entire being. I felt it from those lips, to my toes and back up, making sure it brought the most heat to my center.

I wrapped my arms around his neck, digging my fingers in his hair. No way was I allowing him to break away from me. God, how good did he feel pressed against me! Like every part was meant to be pressed up against me and fit like a glove. His lips parted and his tongue flicked against my own open lips and battled my own tongue. I moaned softly, arching my back up, the friction of my nipples rubbing against his shirt making me even more on fire. His hands trailed down my sides and bunched up my shirt, lifting it up and over my chest, also quickly moving down the cups of my bra, exposing my hard nipples to his eyes.

I whimpered when his eyes left mine to look their fill, although his gaze was intense, I still wanted his lips back on mine. But when I reached for him, he pulled away, his head descending to capture a nipple within his teeth. I screamed at the sensation and arched my back even more. Fuck, my body was alive and craving his in so many ways. And the more he played with my nipples, the more he got turned on, which made his blood pound. I felt my fangs come out and I put a hand on his shoulder, lightly pushing him away. He stopped and looked up at me, his eyes blazing and fuck me that only added to his sexiness.

"Grayson," I started my voice husky.

"What; is something wrong?"

"No." I smiled and he saw the fangs and quickly got off. "Many wolves would be knocking on your door the moment I took your blood. Sound proof it is I'm sure, but not smell proof."

"I'm sorry, I got carried away. I wanted to talk in private but you looked so tempting."

"Don't apologize. Your blood pounding is speaking to me. Trust me; all I want to do is sink my fangs in." I adjusted myself and turned as he sat down on the bed.

"You handled yourself like a Luna down there with my dad and Dylan."

"I handled it like a leader, which is what I am."

"This is what I wanted to talk about. Did you notice when we were with the vampire and I growled, he jerked?"

"I was wondering if you had caught that."

"Oh, I did. But what's more confusing, is your deal with the wolf. No one commands a rogue, not even the greatest Alpha, let alone a vampire."

"Well, it's nice to know you and I are at least thinking of that. We really need to get to the bottom of this."

"I agree."

-----

I looked up from my computer as Charles opened the door, letting me know he was taking a lunch. I nodded and sat back in my chair, the last few day's events playing in my mind. I was missing something and I didn't know what, couldn't put my finger on it, and it was frustrating me, a lot! I had gone over every scene in my mind till they were merging together and I still couldn't make heads or tails out of it. And from the various texts with Grayson, neither could he.

I pinched the bridge of my nose and shook my head as I reached for the book that Grayson had found. It had crossed my mind to take it to a family to ask their help to translate it, but I quickly vetoed that out on any accounts. One, there wasn't anyone I trusted enough to hold the kind of information I was going to lay on them. Two, witches knew me, of course, but not ABOUT me, and that was something I didn't want given away. If anyone found out I had such an old witch's book, everyone would start asking how, and no, I was not going to start.

I flipped open the book, looking at the pages carefully as my hands ran along the words and symbols, something nagging at the back of my mind. Almost like a memory that wanted to come forth but couldn't. Which had me frowning all the more as I gazed at page after page. I stopped as something caught my eyes and I went to my computer, pulling up a search for the word. Of course, it was a long shot that some new age technology would help me with something so very old school. But, I had mentioned how old we all were so it wasn't so farfetched that some type of usefulness would be found online. My brows drew together as the translation for the word was possessed.

I looked back at the image. It was a pyramid style picture with a wolf with golden eyes, a vampire with white eyes, and a witch with black eyes. And that scared me. A witch with black eyes means that their soul had turned evil. Over my years, I had seen some, but their final peace was being burned at the stake for there was no other way to get rid of that evil. Looking at the picture again, I took a photo with my phone and sent a message to Grayson, simply telling him what the word meant and that we had seen two of the three but what about the witch.

I hit send and tossed my phone back on my desk as I kept staring at the photo. My guy was screaming at me and I closed my eyes, trying to will the knowledge to come out. I also knew I shouldn't force it. So, with that, I closed the book and stood up. I needed a break! I grinned as I heard my phone ding and saw the message from Grayson, quite surprised. And a second message talking about needing a break and getting together. Boy, could I not agree more. Since the other day, my body had been longing for him. I looked up for my reply as Charles came in, a file in his hand,

"A new account ma'am. They just dropped of the paperwork."

"Thank you Charles." I glanced at the cover and gasped loudly at name on the front; CeCeJay Corp.; no fucking way!