Chapter 28 - History

"I was born on an island that no longer exists off of the coast of what would be present day Ireland. And for the 1800 years, I traveled, a lot, quite possibly my favorite pastime! But, I suppose, what else does one do with her time, right? Sadly, I don't have a lot of memories, they all tend to blur together over time; yes, certain things stand out, but I mean, they would be major points in all of history, so if they made the history books, they would be standing out in my mind, correct? Although, I have had some of the greatest pleasures to meet some of the most famous people throughout history; some of the greatest kings, queens, czars, Caesars, rulers, heroes, famous people and war generals.

"I got to witness some of the greatest innovations throughout history and see some of the most horrible of wars and natures worst causes and deaths. I got to the view the start of the Mayan culture, the starts of places like Constantinople, got to see the founding of the United States, the Gold rush, the age of technology, and the building of the Eiffel tower. I was blessed with seeing the start of gun powder and the making of guns, the talks of peace and the talks of war. And got to experience many starts, failings, and fallings of many different religions; the span of 1800 years is truly amazing, when one sits to think about it."

"Who have you met?"

"Quite a big list, but let's see, I got to meet Beethoven, got to go have tea with Queen Victoria, got to have a private lunch with Ivan III, had the unpleasant honor of dining with Hitler; most horrific character, very cowardly. Got to talk to George Washington, Roman Emperor Constantine, King John, Margaret of Scotland, Henry the XIII, Sir Isaac Newton, he was quite interesting; met with many of the Popes throughout history too; but I think my most fascinating memory would be meeting and talking to Shakespeare. In fact, I am the one who gave him the idea for Romeo and Juliet."

"Bull shit!"

"It's true. I have a first edition copy that was penned to me with the quote 'thank you for your inspiration, Fire, with love, your friend'. That first copy is worth more than anyone can think and is safely preserved. Anyways, he wanted this great epic love story, with flair and drama and romance. I had rolled my eyes at him when we were talking and I told him a tragic love story would be better." I paused as I recalled the very day we were talking about it, one of the few very vivid memories that came to mind. "He would roll over in his grave if he saw what that entire story sparked."

"You have lived many life times over."

"That I have. I have never slept through time though, so I've enjoyed everything I could, but it still is a long time. And though I have seen some of the worst parts, I have seen some of the good parts, and I wouldn't have traded anything I've seen or done." I laughed and shrugged. "Maybe I should teach a history class, no one can ever prove me wrong." I ran my hands over his arms as he held onto my legs, my eyes watching the movements before I tilted my head slightly to look up at him. "So, tell me about Grayson, what was it like growing up for you? What did you see on your travels? Who did you get to talk to?"

"Young Grayson was a terror, at least if you ask Dylan. My childhood was much the same as everyone else's I guess. I went to a public school all my life, so no one knew about Dylan or me, although we were forbidden from playing sports. We didn't understand why as young pups but did as we got older, especially when I shifted at the young age. My speed and strength far surpassed Dylan's, and when my dad came down, it surpassed his, which didn't quite shock him like I thought it would. But outside of that, I was a regular ol' kid. Hell, I didn't even have my first kiss until I was 14; it was great and awkward, made me feel even more normal given the state of what I was and how fast I was becoming it.

"As far as traveling, we did go all over the world, met and talked to some of the Alpha's from some of the most powerful packs. I did meet one of the ancients, very frumpy old man, didn't care too much for me. But I did get to talk to other covens, form other bonds, and maybe shaky alliances with them. I've had own fair share of meeting with royalty or famous people, you know. Although, not quite to your extent." I saw his smirk and had to chuckle myself at him. Even older vampires had a hard time keeping up with my history!

"How did you meet Marina?" He gave me a pointed look and I shrugged. "Okay, fine, save that for another day; I was just curious as she seems to have been someone of importance to you."

"Not quite like you would think, you know. Marina was at a party I was attending at this coven and she came over to talk to me and we just hit it off. This was when I was in Spain, actually."

"A place she loves to vacation a lot at."

"That's what she mentioned." He paused as his fingers touched on my thigh and the scar. "Do I want to know?"

"Not if you still remain in contact with her."

"You two have ugly history, would you rather I didn't talk to her?" I moved so I was straddling his lap and cupped his face.

"I'm not a controlling woman, you can have friends of the female variety, but do know this, I don't take kindly to being cheated on." He slid his hands along my sides before pulling me tight against his chest, which caused his brows to crinkle. I smirked at his reaction before his eyes opened wide, knowing what he felt pressed against him.

"Fire, are your nipples pierced?"