Chapter 27 - Rings

"Voice of reason finally comes out." I smacked his chest and he grabbed my hand, kissing the knuckles. "And I want you as my mate. Midnight did not like the idea of a fling."

"Sorry Midnight."

"Come on; let's get the bags up to our room, unless you want to stay in the guest room?"

"No, I'm not a prude." He took my hand and led me down the hallway and into the master bedroom. I glanced around at the soft colors and the king size bed, then to the floor to ceiling windows that was letting in a gorgeous amount of moonlight.

"This is beautiful, very soothing."

"That was the whole point, all the rooms are like this, meant to calm."

"Have you ever brought anyone else here?" I glanced at him from the corner of my eye and watched as he rolled his eyes which caused me to laugh.

"Honestly, no. Believe it or not, my dear, you are the only one I've ever allowed within my home or within my borders." I turned and faced him, crossing my arms over my chest.

"Makes you brave."

"Maybe," he said as he lifted up one shoulder. "Would you like to put your stuff away and freshen up?"

"Are you going to join me if I do?" He smirked as he walked over and took my hands, unfolding my arms.

"Let me see, make sure everything is locked up and secure, or take a shower with a sexy woman?"

"Tough choices." He laughed and gave me another light kiss.

"As much as I want to ravage you, I think we both need to rest. After all, we have the next few days to have all kinds of sex parties." I laughed as I pulled away and grabbed my suitcase, making quick work of putting things away and grabbing what I need for my shower.

-----

25 minutes later, I opened the door from the bathroom and saw Grayson lounging on the bed, a book in hand. I leaned against the frame as I watched him, taking in the strong arms, the chiseled chest, the firm and defined stomach and then over the basketball shorts and toned legs. God, he was a gorgeous man, I could see why many a women would throw themselves at him. I walked over to the bed and kneeled down next to him, smirking.

"You brought a book on this trip?" He laughed as he sat it down on the nightstand by the side of the bed.

"No, but we have a couple shelves that have quite a bit." He wrapped his arms around me and pulled me up against his side. "Do you feel better?"

"Some, it was refreshing. Do you want to go take one?'

"I took one in the guest bathroom." I nodded and then sat up. "What is it?"

"I don't know; just don't want to lie down yet." Grayson rubbed his hand along my back in soothing motions and I smiled.

"I like you in shorts," he said as he leaned up as well and whispered in my ear.

"Why is that?" His hand reached out and ran upwards from my ankle up to my thigh.

"Because your legs look amazing in them and all I want to do is run my hands over them."

"Oddly enough, no one is stopping you." He kissed my neck and shifted us so that my legs were over his and he could keep touching them.

"Fire," Grayson started but then stopped, which caused me to look at him. His finger tips kept lightly tracing over my legs as his eyes focused on the wall.

"Grayson, what is it?" He finally looked up at me and brushed the hair away from my head, his fingers running over the spot where neck and shoulder meet.

"When I mark you, you realize you are to become my Luna, right?" I smiled as I nodded and took his hand.

"Like you should know that when I make you my beloved, you become the Lord to my coven."

"How are we going to do this?"

"I wish I had a clue, but I have nothing." I took his hand, running my fingers over the back of it, noticing how strong they were. "But, I guess like everything else that has been thrown our way so far, we will figure it out together." I kissed each of his fingers and smiled at him, which he returned.

"I have something for you, and I hope you don't find this odd." I wrinkled my brows as he moved my legs and went to his bag to grab something. He dug for a moment and walked back, moving us into the same position. "My dad gave this to me before I left for my travels; he said the witches gave it to me and that I was to give it to the person who was to be my love." He held open his hand and took the ring from it and grabbed my left hand, slipping the ring on. "Sing you are my sigma Luna, my true love, it is yours."

"Grayson..." I slowly stopped as I looked at the ring, watching as the three black stones caught the light and shimmered, noticing how they were set in a triangular pattern.

"What?"

"Three again." He glanced at it and lifted a brow. "But, you might flip your shit with this."

"What do you..." I held up my hand to stop him as I slipped off the bed and went to my purse. I turned around and looked at him, his eyes quickly looking down at the object in my hand.

"The only thing I had on me from my time with the witches was this ring. They said it was my dad's and gave it to me. I kept it on a chain around my neck. One of the last things they told me was that I was to save this for my beloved." I swallowed hard as I walked over to him, the same black stones in the same figure on a solid band of gold. "Do you accept?"

"I....what....yes." I laughed and slipped the band on and moved so I was beside him again. "Do you find this odd?"

"Beyond a doubt."

"And do you feel it's all more than chance?"

"Like fate?" I asked.

"Yeah."

"Yes, Grayson, I do. I think that's why I choose to stop fighting it. Something is pushing us together, I'm not sure who, or why, but there really is too many unexplainable things. Like those rings. They are the same exact stones!" He sighed and leaned back, pulling my legs over his once again.

"Tell me about Fire, where were you born? What do you remember? What does a 1800 plus year old vampire do with all of her damn time?" I laughed and shrugged.

"Fire has a hell of a history you know."