Chapter 22 - Those witches

Grayson stared as his phone, looking carefully at the image, his mind trying to piece together what he could recall from what his witches told him. But other than dark magic wasn't a common practice, he couldn't remember much else. Although, the picture he was looking at frightened him more than he cared to admit. He had often wished he kept in touch with those witches, but lost contact with them after he moved home, even his dad didn't know where they were or what happened to them. In fact, he never asked his dad how he knew where to send him, but maybe it was time he did?

"What has you so quiet?" Grayson looked up at Dylan and shook his head.

"Thoughts. I want you to keep an ear out, though, to see if anything comes out of the witches families?"

"Such as?"

"Anything like you have seen here or with that vampire. Something is going on and it's not going to stay within our species."

"Will do. Now, you want to explain why I am looking up ways to smell proof your room? How the hell do you do that?"

"When Fire was here, I went to talk to her in my room and things got a bit carried away. Well, because of everything, my blood was pounding. Which made her want to bite me, but given that we are in a house full of wolves that can smell better than anyone, they would have picked up on that and everyone would have rushed in. So, to be nice to everyone, I thought it best to try and cover it."

"Are you thinking of moving on then?"

"You might think I'm foolish, but I can't help thinking and feeling this is right. And you remember what the witches taught us, that if we followed our gut, we would never be lead astray."

"Yes, I do." Dylan clapped his shoulder and smiled. "I don't think you are a fool. You and Fire make a great looking couple. And if she could have pups, they would be out of this world with beauty and power." Grayson smiled at that, actually agreeing with that idea. In fact, he often thought about kids and just what kind of power their pups would have.

"I want to take her out again. It seems like so much has happened in the short time since our last date. And I just want to focus on her and I."

"You mean without all this added talk of...this," Dylan finished with a wave of his hand.

"Yeah, something like that."

"I think Fire would like that. You know, for all her show, I find her to be a simple woman."

"She kind of is. When you find someone to fix my room, Dylan, book them. I need to talk to my dad."

"I believe hew as in the library with your mom."

"Thanks dude."

-----

Grayson made his way down to the library and smiled at his parents. They were both sitting on the couch, reading. It was a very sweet scene to walk upon and Grayson would be forever grateful that Judith had come into their lives. Losing a mate is always hard but losing someone that was a sigma mate would surely be the worst. So, he was happy his did found love again. Even in their short time, Grayson couldn't see himself with anyone else but Fire. Yeah, the life of that fling was short lived. He was willing to bond and say screw everyone else.

"Hey guys." Both parents put their books down and smiled at him as he sat on the coffee table in front of them.

"What brings you by son?" Grayson glanced at his mom, wondering what all he should say. It wasn't that she stayed out of the pack issues, she was the Luna, but this was also about Fire and Judith made it well known her dislike for the vampire.

"I know dad was told you about what's going on." As she nodded, Grayson glanced at his dad who slightly shook his head, the silent communication being held in their eyes. Well, Grayson had no choice, he knew Judith would pick up on his closeness to Fire, even without his dad saying a word. "I need to get in touch with the witches I lived with."

"Why?"

"Fire sent me a photo that has her questioning a couple things. And I agree with her questions."

"You sure seem to be spending a lot of time with that god forsaken leech; why?"

"She's a friend, mom, and an ally..."

"Don't patronize me, Grayson; I can still smell her on you. I have let this go on long enough. You don't need to keep talking to that nasty, vile..."

"Enough!" His voice boomed quietly but with the authority behind it. Her eyes opened wide and Grayson knew the secret was out.

"You like her?"

"Mom, she's my mate."

"Oh for fuck's sake!" Both my dad and I stared at my mom in shock. Judith was not always a calm woman, she was a wolf, but she did not curse. "Stop looking at me that way. She can't be your mate, she is a vampire!"

"I know, but she is. I can swear to you that she is." Judith groaned and quickly stood up.

"Excuse me; I need to think this over." We both watched her go and I turned back to my dad who chuckled.

"That went better than I thought."

"Me too. Now....those witches."

"Grayson, I have no way to contact them. I had found you, there in your mom's pack and I brought you home. It was them who stopped me on the side of the road. They told me that my son would be special, that I would meet a woman who would help me take care of him and that when the time came, I would send him off; that as much as I wanted to treat him normally, he wasn't normal. "No one had been born from two Alpha's, EVER. I think I wanted to forget about that, but I knew you would be extra and excel in everything, which you do. And I couldn't be more proud. But all of this, this was on those witches. They came and got you and would drop you off. When you first shifted, that was the one and only time I had been to their place. And as it was, their other sister drove me and kept me blind folded. They always told me that they would come if they knew they were needed."

"Sister? I always remember CJ and James, there was never another sister."

"Yeah, there was, her name was Cassie."

"No way."

"Yes. When I first meet them, I meet all three of them. Why are you finding that so hard to believe?"

"Not hard, just unreal. Fire was raised by three witches as well; two sisters and a brother. I'm just finding this all very strange.

"It's odd. But I could have sworn that Fire said she watched those witches burn."

"She did, which is why I'm even more confused."

"Don't be. Anyway, can you show me this photo?" Grayson pulled out his phone, not having heard the ding for the text and opened the message from the unknown number. He read it, then read it again, and finally read it yet again, for the third time. "What is it Grayson?"

"It's from Cassie. She's asking me to meet her in a three weeks."

"Where?"

"At Fire's office."