Chapter 3

I gawk at him, contemplating my next move. I'm torn between leaving his office and never looking back or screaming and punching him.

Although the fact he has already a black eye startles me from my angered initiative. It would be possibly a favor if I make his face even, providing him with two black eyes, matching both sides of his face.

For an inadequate moment, I got worried about what the hell happened with him, has he got into a fight?

"Kels", he springs, and I forget all about his black eye.

"Are you responsible for all this? The internship?" I interrupt him, finally accepting the truth of how easily I got it, not by my engineer skills but by my bed skills.

"I can't believe you! You pushed them to take me as an intern. For what? To keep your bed warm again?"

"No! It is not like that", he stands up, ready to advance in my direction.

"Stay there", I fastly inform, pointing to his side of the desk, "or I will leave this room".

He is wrong if he thinks he can control my life. Even after leaving, he still can manipulate me like a puppet.

Unfortunately, I know how capable he is of making me lose control, especially when he has his hands on me. Distance is necessary.

"Ok, fine, just hear me out ok?" I nod, I'm here already I might at least listen to what he has to say.

Static is exactly the neutral choice presently, half of me wants to run away from here and the other wants to slap and kiss the hell out of him. So, static it is.

"Take a seat", he offers, and I do. I'm very confused about the situation, expecting my assumptions are wrong and he clarifies it because I sure need the money and the experience.

"I didn't force anything Kelsey, I was looking for someone to help Jeremy for a long time", he sits again once he sees I won't move from my chair.

"Not an intern, to be honest, I need someone full time but couldn't have the approval for a vacant job from London's office".

When he mentioned London's office, I instantly understand he is talking about his father.

"When you mentioned you were interested in it I had the idea and discussed it with Jeremy, he surely needs someone".

"He interviewed you, not me", he clarifies.

"Yes, on the phone and he told me I got it right away", I point the obvious, I should have thought about it a long time ago, it wasn't a normal situation.

"I swear I have nothing to do with him choosing you, I want it of course I did, but I wouldn't push it".

"He only interviewed me by phone Andrew, who does it?"

"A busy man? He told me he wanted to discuss with you being unprepared, to apprehend what you truly know about the subject and your expectations, without studying and considering the right thing to say".

"You impressed him, that's why you got it", he completes and if I didn't know him better I would assume it is pride shining in his eyes.

"And the chasing calls and the raise?"

He sighs, "that was me, I was afraid you would give up once you discover it is my father's company and I wouldn't see you again".

I maintain my eyes on him, still not believing I'm facing him once again, I thought he was out of my life for good. I'm not sure I'm ready to be this close to him again, but if I refuse this internship it would be too late to get another one.