Chapter 27

The heavy hand placed against my waist is pressuring my bladder. I take it off slowly, to run to the toilet, and lay back on his side right after. He has his eyes closed but he pulls me against him when I'm back on the bed.

"Come back, it's early." He groans in my ear when I reach my phone to check the time.

"It's eleven." I turn to face him, astonished about how much we have slept. He blinks, taking his time to wake up. His hand on my waist pulls me closer, and he sighs on my neck.

"We need to go," I inform him, getting up. We're very late to visit all the places we planned.

"Shhh", he kisses my neck, holding me in place.

"You're disturbing my exploration." He informs me, pinning me and groping my breast.

"I heard wonders about the south." I bite my lip, encouraging him. He grunts against my skin, moving his kisses south as I request. I laugh and let him explore.

Our exploration doesn't leave the room. We haven't explored the castle or the city, but we have explored the bathroom, the bed, the table, and the wall. We haven't visited anything outside of this room, but we can guarantee that every corner of this room is well known to us.

***

By six anxiety takes over me, I'm not prepared to join my friends for the pool competition in the house we rent.

I bite my nails when we're leaving the hotel. I should've talked to Antoine this week. I should have been clear to him. But as usual, I avoided confrontation and I'm afraid I made the situation worse than it should be.

Andrew is clueless about the whole thing, about Antoine and our date. I should've said something but courage leaves me every time I start to speak. Fearing I would screw up our weekend and any chance I might have with him.

"Next time we should visit the Loire Valley." I adjust myself on the seat, facing Andrew, who's closing the taxi's door.

My heart races at his words.

Next time. I'm sure he said next time.

I tilt my head, asking for him to continue.

"There are a lot of castles." He tells me, excited. Showing me a castle on his phone. And I nod, the butterflies inside my stomach don't allow me to do more than that. I don't care about the castles. I don't care where we go or if we leave the hotel room. All I care about is there will be a next time.

I chew my lip while we wait at the door after ringing the bell, I bit all my nails already.

Andrew glances at me. He must feel I'm anxious. I've never been in public with him before. With people we know. Not together at least. Or we were acting as we barely knew each other in front of Char or doing the same at work. Suddenly I don't know how to act in his presence.

To my dismay, Antoine is the one opening the door. He smiles at me and then his smile fades when he sees Andrew on my side.

I told them I would bring a friend, but didn't mention who would be or if would be a boy or a girl. Or anything else about it.

Soon my other classmates are behind him. Everyone's eyes are on us, watching expectantly. Things grew awkward fast.

"Bonsoir!" I raise my chin and smile, hoping no one notices my stress in it. Or how my lips are hurting because I bit them too hard.

"This is my friend Andrew. Andrew, my classmates." I turn, smiling at Andrew and finding him frowning.

He shakes hands with each one of them and I'm relieved when we're finally inside.