Chapter 36

Andrew's POV

The doorbell rings right when Kels was putting ground coffee in the coffee maker. I trusted her with that, assuming she won't burn it.

She sings, "I'm coming." While running to the door. My old football shorts she's wearing sways, too big for her. She's wearing one of my shirts too because coming fast to see me means she forgot to bring any clothes.

I lean against the couch and smile. It's hard to restrain it, every time I think about her dropping everything and coming to see me.

Noah greets her and a smacking noise drives me to twist on the couch to soothe my suspicion. His smirk confirms the bastard had the audacity to kiss my girlfriend.

"In France are two, right?" He winks at me, before kissing her other cheek.

"Here is zero," my yell from the couch only causes his laughter. He then enters the apartment with his hands full of bags.

"These here are breakfast and lunch," he places two takeaway bags on the coffee table, and the smell coming from them awakes my hunger instantly.

I might risk Kelsey doing the coffee, but never the food.

"Here, Kelsey. These clothes are not suiting you well." He gives her a backpack and then turns to wink at me, provoking a brief regret for requesting her clothes.

I fancy seeing her in mine. I would deny it in case I'm asked, but it's part of some caveman-sick dream. Like marking territory and shit. And each time I see her adjusting my shorts so it doesn't fall, I'm reminded of how she ran away to come to check on me. How worried she was about me. And that brings a whole new level of sick satisfaction.

"And this." He places the last bag on the floor. "Fuck, this is heavy."

"How many books do you need?" He asks her, looking at the bag on the floor and placing his hands on his waist.

"Uh-" Kelsey looks at him, agape, she has a cute 'I-don't-know-what's-happening' frown. She scratches her temple, her eyes wild, glancing from the backpack in her hands to the books on the floor, not understanding how the hell they appear here.

"Noah went to Paris to fetch your things," I massage the back of my neck, considering if I should've asked her before arranging everything with Noah and Priscila. I fancy surprising her. But instead of smiling and jumping on me as I expected, she's static. No response, no jumping on my bones, not even a small kiss. Nothing.

"In case you wanted to stay." Shit. It strikes me that maybe, I got ahead of myself thinking she would like to stay here with me. She's the reason why I agreed on doing the check-up exams and now the idea of going through it without her is painful.

Noah shrugs when I glance at him.

"I'll buy you tickets to Paris then." I grimace and lean my elbows on my knees and then I focus on the bags around the living room. "Noah will take you to the station and you can take a cab in Paris to carry everything back." The thought of her leaving causes some weird shit on my stomach. Suddenly instead of hungry, I'm nauseated.

"Sure, I have nothing else to do, my lord," Noah bows and when he's standing again I see the annoyance in his eyes. Despite it, I can't let Kelsey carry everything back alone. It's bloody heavy. And with a broken foot, I'm useless.

"I'll stay." She finally replies, sitting on my side on the couch. Just in time to hear Noah running to the door and opening it.

"My services are not needed anymore. See ya-" It happened so fast. The door is closed before we could turn around and watch him leave, to avoid any chance of us asking for something else.