Chapter 33

"That's perfect!" Diana squeals, when I turn around to check the burgundy dress in the mirror. I pat it, turning around to see how it fits in the front and back.

"You have to take it." Her eyes sparkle.

"No, I told you I'm not buying anything." I'm short on money, and I'm planning on wearing a dress a brought with me for the New Year's Eve party we are going to attend.

I check myself in the mirror again. This dress is too revealing. It does wonders with my boobs and curves I didn't know I had though. But considering Andrew's family and employees are going to be at the party, it's not appropriate.

"What are you going to wear then?"

"The dress I showed you. The black one."

She looks at me, pursing her lips and considering what to say. She doesn't like the idea of me wearing my black dress.

"It's a ball." She messes with her hair before continuing. "A fancy one. You need a gown."

I look at her, taking it in. I thought it was a simple New Year's party.

"Don't you have something I could wear?" I'm a bit taller than her but she must have a dress that fits me.

"I don't. We're buying a new one."

"I don't have money to spend on a dress like that." I look at Diana, who is grinning and shaking a credit card in her hand.

"I'm not letting you pay for me."

"I'm not paying, your boyfriend is. I have the password and all." She squeals again.

She is wearing a blue dress, which contrasts with her demeanor. She looks older, the dress has turned her into a woman. I inspect the high heels she's wearing, I could never walk on them. Yet the girl is capable of squealing and jumping on it.

She has her hair in a bun, it's the same color as Andrew's. Her eyes are a little bit darker, but almost the same shade of green as his. Physically, she looks so much like him, but her character couldn't be more different than his. She's much more joyful.

"I'm not comfortable with that."

"Well, I am. I'm buying it anyway. You have to wear a beautiful dress and this one is perfect." She points at me.

"Another one then.... Like the green, I tried before."

"No way! That dress is for my grandmother. This one is the perfect one for you, trust me."

"Is too revealing."

"This one?" She laughs.

"It would be the least revealing dress. Don't worry. My mom will probably have a boob out or a transparent dress."

***

Andrew has his hands in his pocket, busy in a conversation when I enter the party with Diana. A bright smile fastly appears on his face when he sees me. That and the twinkle in his eyes confirms I did the right choice on the dress. His eyes travel from my face running over each part of my body exposed, lingering on the slit revealing my leg at each step I take.

He came earlier to the ball for a meeting with his father and to receive the guests, while I stayed at home with Diana to get ready.

Different from the ball I missed, this one is organized by his father, only for employees, their families, and partners. It's New year's eve, but it's not the only celebration. The party is his farewell, the official announcement of his retirement.