In Your Weakness

This is something God taught me. The life of Paul is filled with so much power. He was a great apostle and was used mightily by God to do amazing things. Miracles, wonders and signs followed after his encounter with Jesus. He had visions. He healed people. He shook off a snake.

But he also experienced difficulties.

He was persecuted. Thrown into prison. Experienced poverty. Experienced being wounded. Would be misunderstood. He was often facing adversaries.

Yet this Great man of God is one who called himself chief of sinners, the least of the apostles and felt unworthy to be called an apostle(1 Timothy 1:15)

1 Corinthians 15:1-9
ESV
The Resurrection of Christ
15 Now I would remind you, brothers, of the gospel I preached to you, which you received, in which you stand, 2 and by which you are being saved, if you hold fast to the word I preached to you—unless you believed in vain.

3 For I delivered to you as of first importance what I also received: that Christ died for our sins in accordance with the Scriptures, 4 that he was buried, that he was raised on the third day in accordance with the Scriptures, 5 and that he appeared to Cephas, then to the twelve. 6 Then he appeared to more than five hundred brothers at one time, most of whom are still alive, though some have fallen asleep. 7 Then he appeared to James, then to all the apostles. 8 Last of all, as to one untimely born, he appeared also to me. 9 For I am the least of the apostles, unworthy to be called an apostle, because I persecuted the church of God.

Paul was humble and kept the faith.

But what was one of the secrets to His successful ministry?

You see Paul knew His weakness. Paul knew where He came from. His downfalls and sinful nature.

Paul wasn't afraid to speak of his humanity, mistakes and pasts. He often spoke about his mistakes and struggles.

Acts 19:11-12
ESV
The Sons of Sceva
11 And God was doing extraordinary miracles by the hands of Paul, 12 so that even handkerchiefs or aprons that had touched his skin were carried away to the sick, and their diseases left them and the evil spirits came out of them.

Paul rather boasted in Christ. The secret God taught me and the Holy Spirit highlighted to me is that there is power in knowing how weak you are.

The Keys To Being Used Like Paul

1) Recognise who your strength comes from

You see when you know you're weak, you're strong. Now, this might sound contradictory but here is the revelation.

1 Corinthians 10:12
English Standard Version
12 Therefore let anyone who thinks that he stands take heed lest he fall

1 Corinthians 10:12
New Living Translation
12 If you think you are standing strong, be careful not to fall.

Now, what does it mean to believe you stand?

It can reveal someone who believes they are strong. You see the kind of strength that can mislead to start to forget about God. The Bible tells us Jesus intercedes for us (Romans 8:34) and by the power of the Holy Spirit we are continuously empowered, convicted, corrected and guided to walk according to God's path.

It's never because you pray, fast, read the word and go to church that's why you haven't fallen into sin and temptation. These things help but true source is God's grace. It's by God's grace you're even saved in the first place (Ephesians 2:8-9).

Now when you believe you can stand, you can make the mistake of beginning to rely on yourself.The moment you rely on yourself, it's the moment you'll fall. A house without its foundation can't say it can stand. The moment the foundation is taken away, the strength leaves.