Advice On Prayer

*•.¸   Prayer Tips  ¸.•*'

-Be raw and real and sincere

It's not about how fancy and lengthy you can make your prayer request but how raw and real you can make it. God is more interested in the motive behind our prayers and how hearts go into prayer than us trying to be impressive or disconnected.

Romans 8:15

ESV
15 For you did not receive the spirit of slavery to fall back into fear, but you have received the Spirit of adoption as sons, by whom we cry, “Abba! Father!”

Do you see? How personal? We cry "Abba Father!" Jesus often referred to God as His father. It's different it calls God your father vs SEEING him as one. God is our trusted friend, confidant, shepherd, leader, and biggest supporter. We aren't talking to a blank wall. It might feel at times as if God isn't listening to you or as though God is ignoring you but those feelings come and go, trust me, sis. We have those moments when we can just feel the presence of God other times when it feels silent.

Something I've learned is that there are times when I feel God hears me ( you know that warm, fuzzy, goosebumps and burst of joy!) and moments when I feel like God not listening and that I'm being ignored. It's in those moments that I feel God's far that I push myself to pray anyways.

It's in those moments we shouldn't drown in despair but stand on Biblical truth. I remind myself that God promised He'll be with me and He won't ever leave me, that His love can never be separated from me and that gives me strength to keep praying anyway.

Feelings are emotions that change based on circumstances and situations but God's word is the solid rock we keep our feet on and every wave and storm come, we might start to shake, we might tremble and we might begin to feel weak but guess what? The floor we stand on doesn't change. The foundation of God's word is so firm that we can shake but it remains established.

That's why when girls tell me they feel like God is ignoring them. I would respond by saying we all have those seasons. They are often called wilderness seasons but these seasons like every season will pass and when they do, we will realise that when life feels unpredictable our God remains the same and judging His truth based on something as unpredictable as our emotions weren't the wisest.

-Say the word of God in your prayers

Ephesians 6:16-17
ESV
16 In all circumstances take up the shield of faith, with which you can extinguish all the flaming darts of the evil one; 17 and take the helmet of salvation, and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God,

It a often neglected but very crucial. The word of a God is your sword, your weapon of defence

I say this because in Ephesians they describe the sword as the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God, and the shield of faith. Faith can only come from hearing the word of God (Romans 10:17)

When Jesus was led to the wilderness, He was able to withstand the sly tricks of the enemy by standing on the word of God. The word of God is God's principal and law. The kingdom of darkness has to submit to the word of God, they have to obey it because of the authority He carries but when we don't say the word we are going out to a battle without our swords to defend ourselves and our shield to extinguish all the flaming darts of the evil one.