Woman Of Power

There are different kinds of power. Good power comes from the Kingdom of Heaven. This is God's power. We serve an all-powerful God that can do amazing things far beyond our greatest imagination but there is also another power.

This is the kingdom of darkness. This is witchcraft. This is doing things that involve evil spirits such as demons. This is doing things outside God's ways.

We are aren't called to use the power of the enemy. We don't go their path nor do we involve spirits outside the kind of God.

We are called rather to display a higher and much greater power than the one that Jesus Christ has given us.

John 14:15-19
ESV
Jesus Promises the Holy Spirit
15 "If you love me, you will keep my commandments. 16 And I will ask the Father, and he will give you another Helper, to be with you forever, 17 even the Spirit of truth, whom the world cannot receive, because it neither sees him nor knows him. You know him, for he dwells with you and will be[b] in you.18 "I will not leave you as orphans; I will come to you. 19 Yet a little while and the world will see me no more, but you will see me. Because I live, you also will live.

We get power when we receive Jesus Christ and also when we are baptized in the Holy Spirit. When receiving the Holy Spirit (we do receive Him after we've accepted Jesus). We can also go through the baptism of the Holy Spirit. We receive power and that power is the power of God that cannot be gained merely through a human or from evil spirits it's God who graciously gives us this power.

But we aren't giving this power for no reason. When Jesus said this He gave a context.

Acts 1:8
ESV
8 But you will receive power when the Holy Spirit has come upon you, and you will be my witnesses in Jerusalem and in all Judea and Samaria, and to the end of the earth

The power of the Holy Spirit isn't just there for decoration or selfish use or wicked gain. The power of the Holy Spirit is there so we can bring others to Christ.

Why?

Because no one can doubt the supernatural and the power of God displayed. When the Egyptians didn't want to let God's people God wanted to demonstrate His power. One by one God shamed the different gods the Egyptians believed. The Egyptians saw God's works and eventually let the Israelites go.

When God told Moses to demonstrate power by throwing down the staff and it would turn into a snake, the pharaoh wasn't impressed because in Egypt they were used to witchcraft. The kingdom of darkness like to mimic God by doing similar works to God that are inferior. They also did the same staff turning into a snake thing but look what happened

Exodus 7:8-13
ESV
8 Then the Lord said to Moses and Aaron, 9 "When Pharaoh says to you, 'Prove yourselves by working a miracle,' then you shall say to Aaron, 'Take your staff and cast it down before Pharaoh, that it may become a serpent.'" 10 So Moses and Aaron went to Pharaoh and did just as the Lordcommanded. Aaron cast down his staff before Pharaoh and his servants, and it became a serpent. 11 Then Pharaoh summoned the wise men and the sorcerers, and they, the magicians of Egypt, also did the same by their secret arts. 12 For each man cast down his staff, and they became serpents. But Aaron's staff swallowed up their staffs. 13 Still Pharaoh's heart was hardened, and he would not listen to them, as the Lord had said.

Aaron's staff consumed all of them showing that no matter how much power the kingdom of darkness has compared to God it's always inferior.

They are real pastors and false pastors. There are real evangelists and fake. There are real teachers and fake ones. There are real prophets and fake ones

But the truth will always surpass the lies and deception. God's real powers is far greater than the enemy's.

Thessalonians 5:20-22
ESV
20 Do not despise prophecies, 21 but test everything; hold fast what is good. 22 Abstain from every form of evil.