Woman Of Consistency

All spiritual disciplines, hard work, etc are in vain without consistency.

Consistency is a love language of God. God is consistent. Consistent is Who He is. His character doesn't change neither does His heart. He loves us no matter what. Nothing influences God to not to be Himself. Nothing changes His character.

God is also consistent in His works. He remains faithful even when we are faithless. He remains good. He remains kind. He remains patient. There is never a moment when God stops being who He is. God doesn't change. He isn't good one moment then bad the next. His stable in who He is.

This is similar to how God wants us to be. He doesn't want us to be an on-fire Christian when things are good but at school we are lukewarm. God doesn't want us to be faithful, read the word, and be prayerful at church but at home, we barely spend time with Him.

To reflect Christ, we need to reflect His consistency. Christ was consistent in who He is and what He does. We should be consistent in who God has called us to be and what God has called us to do.

God wants you to be hot and on fire for Him every day. God wants you to spend time with Him every day. To pray every day.

Revelation 3:15-16
ESV
15 “‘I know your works: you are neither cold nor hot. Would that you were either cold or hot! 16 So, because you are lukewarm, and neither hot nor cold, I will spit you out of my mouth.

We understand that God doesn't like lukewarmness. God doesn't like it because it speaks of inconsistency. When we are inconsistent in choosing God or this world it hurts Him. God is a God of choice. He remains good and in light. He wants us to be the same and not mingle with darkness.

He calls us to be consistent in seeking Him, loving Him, and following Him no matter the different circumstances that come our way.

God remains God even if the world is going south. He remains King no matter how many enemies arise. God wants us to remain faithful even when trials come, even when it gets hard, and even when we are busy.

God wants us to read the word when we have days when we have a lot of time and also when we have so many things to do. God wants us to pray when we are happy and excited but also when we are scared and anxious. At all times God what's our hearts for Him to remain on fire.

To be who God has called you to be you need to be a woman of consistency. You need to be a woman who is rooted and consistent.

What does consistency do?

1) Consistency builds faith

Consistency is like faith being put to practice. You do things to receive something. To be a good student you need to study. It builds faith that as you're studying you'll arrive to be a good student. When you're consistent it builds in you faith that your relationship with God is growing and that you'll receive the answers to your prayers soon. It builds faith in you that things are changing.

That faith is growing each day as you trust what you're doing has an impact.

2) It has a reward

Hebrews 11:6
NKJV
6 But without faith it is impossible to please Him, for he who comes to God must believe that He is, and that He is a rewarder of those who diligently seek Him.

In Hebrews God says that He rewards those who diligently seek Him. Jesus gave parables of how God wants us to keep asking and seeking Him (Luke 11:5-8, Luke 18:1-8).

Every time we are consistent in the word, in seeking God, in prayer, it has a reward. Nothing we do consistently in God is in vain.

3) Builds Character