Woman Of Revelation

Power of revelation.

Psalm 119:18
ESV

18 Open my eyes, that I may behold
wondrous things out of your law

This word open is the same word used in the story of Balam when God opened His eyes to see. It means to unveil. When I think of this, I imagine that something is blocking us that can see God's word, instructions and leading correctly.

We can all read God's word but without revelation, you won't understand. Understanding is deeper than just knowing, it speaks of a greater level of knowledge beyond surface level.

To even understand how wonderful God's word is you need revelation to understand the blessing, relevance, wisdom and love through His word.

Let's go back to the beginning. When God gave Adam and Eve the commandment not to eat of the garden it wasn't just a random commandment. The words God gave spoke much more. To someone who doesn't have revelation, they would just read it as God's commandment but someone with revelation and spiritual eyes opened, will understand more.

That simple command reveals God's heart, character, love and wisdom. For God to say do not speaks of care. God cares enough to warn His people. He could've not said anything but He chose to warn. The way God said they can eat of all trees speaks of God's provision that though you can't eat that one fruit I made sure you have enough that you don't need to ever eat that fruit. It speaks of His love that He doesn't want them to die but live.

When we have this understanding of the heart, character and ways of God revealed through His word it makes obedience to God much easier. It makes going the right path, listening and taking heed easier. We'll follow God not robotically but wholeheartedly because we understand the intention, heart, and love behind the commandment.

When God gives us words like not to be unequally yoked with unbelievers. It reveals His heart, being so connected to an unbeliever will lead to a corruption of the character of God in us. It would lead to us not being lights in this world meaning we don't get to properly fulfil our mission here on this Earth and be who God called us to be. We read about the downfalls of those who are closely connected with those with different faith like Solomon and we make this revelation and connection that leads us to make wise choices in our own lives.

Revelation of God's will, word, commands etc will lead to us having a greater understanding and add wisdom.

1) Revelation comes from seeking God

You should have that desire to know and understand God's truth. You must desire to know God's will for your life, if you're going the right way or not, if you're in God's will or not, and if what you're doing aligns with His word or not. There must be a hunger and desire in you. We should wholeheartedly desire to have revelation for our lives, and our calling and to know the mind of God. Revelation is something God reveals to us and we need to hunger and seek it. It's similar to hide and seek. God's word is there but we need to have that desire to go and look for it. If we don't go and look for it then we won't find 'the more' we desire.

2) Relationship will lead to revelation

Genesis 18:17-19
ESV
17 The Lord said, "Shall I hide from Abraham what I am about to do, 18 seeing that Abraham shall surely become a great and mighty nation, and all the nations of the earth shall be blessed in him? 19 For I have chosen him, that he may command his children and his household after him to keep the way of the Lord by doing righteousness and justice, so that the Lord may bring to Abraham what he has promised him."

You should be in a relationship with God. When God was about to destroy Sodom and Gomorrah He told Himself that He can't hide it from Abraham.

But why? We know God doesn't owe man anything. God doesn't need to tell us anything. The Bible reveals something key. The Bible tells us that God said He couldn't hide it and one of the reasons I understand is because Abraham was His friend (James 2:23).