More Advice On Prayer

-I would advise you to remember it's a conversation, not just a monologue. It's you speaking but also God speaking. God speaks back primarily through His word, He also speaks through people, circumstances, a post you might see touches you, a worship song you listen to comforts you, a movie inspires you etc. God uses multiple ways to speak to us and to remind, comfort, discipline and instruct us.

-Be open to listening to what God has to say and expect Him to answer you. God won't always answer back the way you would expect or want but He will answer you.

-When I'm not sure what to pray about I first find ways to thank God. What has He done for me? What has He protected me from? He has blessed me with a home, education and He hasn't allowed me to break no matter how many times I thought I would. These reflections can spark a conversation of gratitude.

-Prayer should start with worship, worship is the chair in which God sits. The praises, worship and prayers of God's people are what gives Him pleasure because it's when we recognise God for who is truly is and what He is able to do.

What I would suggest doing is to start a worship song, a song that brings you to a place of prayer and worship. If you want a suggestion, you can pm me and I will try to send you some songs that can bring you to worship and praise God. Yes, I know you're sad, I know today was hectic and all these voices are cloudy your mind but breath sis and worship.

Whenever I feel attacked and overwhelmed, worship can clear my head and it's is a peace to the waves of attacks I might be feeling. It's a comforting place because my focus goes beyond myself and towards God, my Creator and best friend.

I try to pay attention to the season I am in. What can I learn from this season? What is God teaching me? After meditating on the season I ask God some questions or pray regarding the season. I ask him to help me to get through the trials or to help me have patience. I ask him what the purpose could be behind the season the seasons I'm in and what I can receive from them. After some time I get a thought or feel led to scripture or have a revelation of what God is teaching me.

-You can also try to search your heart. Is there something you should surrender to God? Is there something you are battling with? Is it your faith? Talk to God about your faith, doubts, fears and worries and ask him to help you. If it's pride or envy, tell God why you have this sudden wave of envy or why you are noticing pride in yourself?

God wants to walk life with us. He what's to hear everything regarding us and what's to have conversations. He what's to hear everything and anything. I often think of my best friend in these moments. I can talk to her about most things, openly even the most random of things yet with God I get stuck or I ran out of things to say. God cares far more about us than any human being. Human beings can disappoint you, they can fall, they can become unfaithful and betray you but God will never be unfaithful for He even remains faithful when we are faithless (2 Timothy 2:13). God wants to be Your God. He is Your God, He wants to be your refuge in fear. He wants to be your comfort in pain. The one who disciplines you and holds you accountable. The one who teaches you to walk in His ways. He wants to walk this life, filled with ups and downs. Filled with attacks and persecution. Filled with happiness and heartache. To purify you to be more like Him. For our ultimate goal is to forever be with He who we stand with today.

-Making your relationship with God personal is important. We hear about others relationship with God. Their experiences, their growth and what they are learning. It's nice to hear and read about others relationships with God but to be in a relationship with Him yourself is your walk. No one can make that effort for you, where God is not just God but your father, your friend, your comfort and your Lord. When you spend every day in His presence, in prayer, in worship, in reading the word. You won't realise this but you're developing that relationship with God and growing closer to Him. Your connection with Jesus, your King of kings is strengthening. Your discernment is heightened and you become more sensitive to His leading. There will be times when seeking God will feel difficult because of life and situations but you won't regret having God in your life because He will be your anchor when you have no strength, your every present help, your everything.

-Sometimes being still in His presence is what you need. Sometimes just worshipping Him and praising Him is what you need. Sometimes telling Him about your day or what's going on around you is what you need. Confessing your sins, repenting before Him and seeking to overcome sin is what you need. His power is what you need. His sanctification is what you need. His healing is what you need. His comfort and reassurance are what you need. God is what you need. Your Jesus will always be who you need.

This can help you change up what you usually pray about. I also recommend that after your Bible study, you can talk to God about what you read and what you understand, remain in silence for a while and meditate on scripture. You'll see that things will start changing. We don't try to always speak but also allow God to speak as well.

It's a conversation (: