You're Not Alone

John 16:7
ESV
7 Nevertheless, I tell you the truth: it is to your advantage that I go away, for if I do not go away, the Helper will not come to you. But if I go, I will send him to you.

Acts 2:17
NKJV
17 ‘And it shall come to pass in the last days, says God,
That I will pour out of My Spirit on all flesh;
Your sons and your daughters shall prophesy,
Your young men shall see visions,
Your old men shall dream dreams.

Once we have received Jesus Christ as Lord and Saviour, believed in our hearts He has risen again then we have the free gift of the Holy Spirit. Who is the Holy Spirit? The Holy Spirit is God. He is God's Spirit now living in us.

John 14:18
NKJV
18 I will not leave you orphans; I will come to you.

We are not left alone. The Bible tells us that the Holy Spirit is our Helper. He lives inside of us and our bodies are temples (1 Corinthians 3:16-17) for Him. We are the temples and carries of God's Spirit inside of us with these temples we serve and walk.

When you read the old testament you'll come to this line:

Genesis 6:9-22
ESV
Noah and the Flood
9 These are the generations of Noah. Noah was a righteous man, blameless in his generation. Noah walked with God.

Genesis 5:22
ESV
22 Enoch walked with God after he fathered Methuselah 300 years and had other sons and daughters.

They walked with God. Galatians 5 tells us to walk according to the spirit. We don't walk alone but we have the Holy Spirit inside of us, living in us

The Holy Spirit is there as the person who is there to help you. A lot of us have and live as if we are alone. That's it's you, speaking and evangelising. It's you that's in this wilderness season. It's you that has to figure everything out. It's you alone having to deal with this or that stress. It's you alone in that crisis.

But understand something, as believers, we have an advantage called the Holy Spirit. He lives inside of us to guide, direct and speak to us. So many times we forget that we have the Holy Spirit there with us and that we are in relationship with him.

2 Corinthians 13:14
NKJV
14 The grace of the Lord Jesus Christ, and the love of God, and the communion of the Holy Spirit be with you all. Amen.

We grow in intimacy with the Holy Spirit and relationship with Him because as Christians we don't walk this life alone but with Him.

John 14:16
ESV
16 And I will ask the Father, and he will give you another Helper,[a] to be with you forever,

1) Helps us

The Holy Spirit is there to empower and help. We shouldn't be ignorant of the fact that whenever we go, whatever we do, we do it with the Holy Spirit and in partnership with Him. It's not just you speaking to people. That pressure comes upon us when we forget that it's not just us. We can worry about the future and how everything will work out forgetting we have the Holy Spirit who is there to guide us.

The Holy Spirit is there to help you. The idea of a Helper reminds me of back in the garden of Eden when God made Eve as a Helper for Adam. God saw it was not good for man to be alone so He gave man women. Similarly, Jesus is saying how He doesn't want it to leave us as orphans. He sees it as not good to leave us alone but He gives us a Helper.

We can cry to the Holy Spirit. We can plead for help and ask for His strength.

2) There to Help you resist sin and bear the fruit of the Spirit.

Without the Holy Spirit, we can't walk according to the Spirit. You'll struggle to overcome sin on your own because you're far too weak. We were never to live a righteous life without our righteous God. What religion does is we try to live right according to works but we end up falling short.