Women Who Move In Silence

I challenge you to read 1 Samuel 16. It goes so well with this chapter so make sure to read it either before or after reading this chapter.

One of the characteristics God looks for in a servant is faithfulness. Their consistent obedience to Him makes them more reliable for the mission God has called them for.

David learned to play the harp and was faithful in his mission to serve his father. Those skills He worked on behind the public eye were what led to Him being chosen (faithfulness) and to His exaltation.

1) God is the one who calls you

David didn't exalt himself but God chose David. David didn't promote himself to be king but he remained serving faithfully. It was God who noticed David's hard work and faithfulness.

When you're working behind the scenes you shouldn't do things to be seen. You don't talk about how good of a daughter you are for tending your father's sheep or how talented you are at the harp. This doesn't mean you can never mention how you're good at something or have a particular skill.

This is more about the kind of attitude and humility you carry. You don't walk around parading how worthy you are for something. You do things for the eyes of God alone and His applause alone.

It's all about where you're seeking your validation. Are you seeking validation from people? Do you want their approval? Do you want them to know how worthy you are? Do you want to feel valuable and important in their eyes?

2) God is the one who provides the opportunity

God is the one who makes opportunities for our gifts to be seen not us.

Often that desire to want to be seen will create an opportunistic mind in us. It's not necessarily a bad thing. At times we should be wise and smart to create opportunities.

But more often than not, it's God who creates opportunities and it's our duty to cease them. We believe God has plans for us. He creates situations and moments. He leads us to certain places. This understanding helps us to know that it's also Him that makes connections. He will put two and two together and thus it leads to an opportunity.

An opportunity needs discernment. Not every opportunity is necessarily from God. God creates chances but not every chance is His. That's why God-given opportunities come with God's peace and direction if you're connected to Him.

God will find a way to exalt you if you're humble. When you do things for His eyes and approval primarily, God will create opportunities where what you're doing in secret to be revealed at the right time.

This should give you peace. The kind of peace that you don't have to worry or overthink when something will finally happen. It will happen at the right time because God will create that moment for it to be seen.

David could've created an opportunity for him to be seen but he remained with God until God made the way and opened the doors. David didn't open doors for himself.

What does it look like to open doors and create ways for yourself?

It's when you're led by anything outside the Holy Spirit. You're either led by impatience, jealousy, envy, pride, anger, frustration, bitterness or all of the above. You're doing things in the flesh. You're seeking opportunities with the wrong motives. When God creates opportunities it won't be these things leading you but Him. You'll have the humility and connection with Him to enter inside the doors alongside His peace and direction.

There is a difference between when you tell yourself something and do things in your own strength vs when God speaks to you and when He does things. If you're confused you can refer to my chapter on hearing God.