Why We Read The Bible

Why we read the Bible?
📖📖📖

We read the Bible because all Scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness and our ultimate guide to the will of God (2 Timothy 3:16)

We read the Bible to get to know God, the character of God and who He has said He is. We don't serve an unknown God. We don't serve some random God we know nothing about. It's difficult to trust a stranger and invite someone whose character you do not know into your life. So it is with God. The more we get to know who He is. The more we grow in our love and fear for Him. The more we desire Him, the more we realize we need Him. The more we want to get to know Him, the more we begin to trust Him. The knowledge of God starts with His revealed word.

We read the Bible because that's what we are called to do. Every Christian is called to grow spiritually by reading the word. Joshua 1:8, Pslams 1:2 talk about the law but the message remains the same. That God desires for His people to read and mediate on His word.

We read the Bible because it grows our faith. Faith comes from hearing and hearing the word of God. Without the word, our faith would be to nothing but because we know the word. We were once captive are now free (John 8:36, Therefore if the Son makes you free, you shall be free indeed)

We read the word to know why we need salvation. We read the Bibles overall redemptive story and the things to come.

We read the Bible to get to know our design, purpose and who we are. The best way to get to know creation is by asking the creator. We know the Bible talks about the beginning to end. The more we read the word. The more we get to see what God has to say about us, the more we get to know our purpose and the more we become secure in who we are.

We read the Bible to direct us in truth because it shows us how God wants us to live. The word of God guides us. It shows us how to react in certain situations, how to do things in the right way and how to honour God in every process.

Psalm 119:105
NKJV
105 Your word is a lamp to my feet
And a light to my path.

We read the Bible because it gives us important lessons. It shows us many victories and failures that we learn from. It teachers us the failures of man and the need for redemption. It shows us the fall of man and how God moves in our lives. It reveal the success of many women and men of God.

We Read the Bible for it reveals that we live in a spiritual world. Our world isn't just materialistic. It's very much spiritual, we get to read about angels and what they do. We read about the enemy, and what his plan ultimately is, we get to understand what are fallen angels and the kingdom of heaven as well as the kingdom of darkness. We read about how life after death will look like and what is the spiritual world. We also understand that we don't wrestle against flesh and blood (Ephesians 6:12).

We read the Bible because we are saved by the word himself, Jesus Christ (John 1:14 And the Word became flesh and dwelt among us, and we beheld His glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father, full of grace and truth.)

The Bible isn't just reading some book. It's this and much more. If we remember the value of what we are reading, we realise how important it is and how precious it is. We realise the privilege we have to read the word without fearing we will get killed. We can appreciate every page for its beauty, its prices and for what it is.

❤️