Be An Example

Be An Example

。・゚゚・       ・゚゚・。

1 Timothy 4:12
12 Let no one despise your youth, but be an example to the believers in word, in conduct, in love, in spirit, in faith, in purity.

This verse was Paul telling Timothy to be an example. What I get from it is that we can be examples.

The world always expects teenagers and young adults to make many mistakes.  We are told we can't be examples. Instead, we are the main example of who we shouldn't be as Christians. Instead of being good examples, we are often used as bad.

They expect us to do exactly what God calls us not to do because we are young and 'dumb'. We are equipped at our youth to be Godly examples not just to our youth but even some older people.

I believe that we don't have to be what others expect us to be. We can be the Godly girls right now. We can be humble, inspiring, gracious, gentle, patient, loving, filled with purpose, strong, bold, prayerful, doing our best kind of girls right now and be the example for the upcoming generation to look up to.

Who will the new generation look up to? Who will the new generation gain wisdom from in their teen and young adult years? Are we as young believers setting the standard high? Are we being examples of how the upcoming generation should be or the complete opposite?

I don't speak of unbelievers and the world. I'm talking to us. Are we lukewarm or on fire? Are we as bold as we want other believers to be or scared? Do we pray and hold unto truth or do we compromise for temporary pleasure? Are we living in purity or allowing our company to corrupt us? Do we choose our friends wisely and take hid to God's word about our company or do we make excuses?

Are we truly examples in our Youth? Are we truly examples that others should follow?

You don't need to meet that expectation of you that was created by society. You can be an example right. All of your range of different ages.

You can be an example for your age group. What do people think of 14-Year-Olds? What do they think of 18-Year-Olds? What do they think of 21-Year-Olds? Why don't we step up and prove them wrong?

Leviticus 11:45
For I am the LORD who brings you up out of the land of Egypt, to be your God. You shall therefore be holy, for I am holy.

God gave this commandment to the people in the old testament. The word Holy means to be set apart.

In every stage of life, we are in, I believe we should be set apart and different and not conform to the pattern of this world (Romans 12:2.)

Sometimes we get caught up because the world pushes the youth to be one way when God calls us to be another way. We don't have to follow what the world says we are.

Trust me, I know how it feels to be called boring, odd, weird just because I choose to do things than my generation does and just because I seek to please God. I know how you can feel left out and alone when you abstain from many things because of your faith.

When you feel like your standards are too high for dating in your generation, when you feel like you can't watch some things because you know the fiction in your heart. Oh, I know when you feel hurt that your peers choose a life that will bring them to nothing at the end of the day.

Don't let it get to you. In those moments, don't allow the world to influence you to be one of them. Allow God to shape you into the person he wants you to be.

Continue to be an example in word, in conduct, in love, in spirit, in faith and purity.