16: Aphrodisiac (R)

Comment 🔪🔪

Comment 🔪🔪

It's steamy 🚶🏽‍♀️🚶🏽‍♀️🚶🏽‍♀️

______________

"The more buttons, you undo, she said, the faster I become undone"

-Michael Fauder .

Aphrodisia (n.)- Craving for something, burning desire.

His tormented eyes glared at the half empty glass of red wine in his hand as he lazily let out a puff of smoke, a haze of white fog surrounding him. He took another gulp of the wine, swirling it a bit. He reeked of alcohol and cigars.

"What are you doing?"

"Honey," He drawled out, his words almost incoherent, "Do you know that Campbell reopened the case?"

A gasp was heard, "When?!"

"A year ago," He slurred, "That bastard Alex! He didn't even inform me!"

A surge of anger coursed through him as he threw the glass on the floor.

"My love, please calm down! We need to think it out clearly!"

"13 fucking years!" He bellowed, "Why now?!"

"Honey-"

He closed his eyes, taking in a deep breath. He knew he needed control, control on everything- just like he had for the past 13 years.

His mind reeled from the revelation he had from the prosecution, he didn't know how to amend the situation. All he knew was that he needed to spin a plan, carefully.

"Love, sit down and tell me what happened-"

"Adrianna Campbell apparently had the case reopened a year ago," He mumbled, ruffling his hair in frustration, "And Estevan did it too."

"What?! Which Estevan?!"

"Ares Estevan. The older one."

"Oh Christ! What now?! What happens to us?! If they even have a sniff that they are fighting the same case-"

"That's not it," He chuckled bitterly, "Adrianna Campbell and Ares Estevan are living under the same roof now. She is his nurse."

____________________________________

Adrianna's POV: