33 Special

"The fuck you mean it just happened!" i said breathing heavily while looking down at her lifeless body.

        "That bitch pushed her." Sarah said, i looked up as she pointed but no one was up there but strangers standing and staring to figure out what happened. I looked into Sarah's red eyes from crying.

        "Nobody is there, did you call 911!" i placed my hand under her head feeling the knitted beanie i put on her head this morning. "Baby it will be okay." i whispered.

        "I did, they said that they are on their way."

        "What the fuck man." My nonsweaty jersey slightly moved in the wind.

        After 15 minutes of staring at her closed eye lids that covered her light green eyes the ambulance finally came. I followed the ambulance in my truck while Sarah and Pete squeezed next to me on the passanger side.

        "Dude, i hope shes okay." Pete said while holding on to the "oh shit" handle. "I heard her head bang that shit from the field." Pete's voice was annoying the shit out of me. "Like BAM, dude oh my gosh they need to hurry up." 

        Sarah's leg began to bounce up and down. She placed her head in her hands and cried softly.

        "Baby, stop im sure she will be fine." Pete began to rub her back. "Since when you care for that girl like this anyway." Though Pete was annoying it was a valid question Sarah hated Delaney so much. 

        I gripped the steering wheel making my biceps throb, my palms began to sweat and my feet was eager to floor the gas pedal.

        Hours of sitting in the waiting room passed i held on to the beanie that was once on her head. Her dad began to pop into my mind, how could i have let this happened to her. I stared down at the beanie as if it was her i was staring at. Her smooth curves, perfect perky breas...

        "Hey." A soft voice said over me.

        I looked up to see Steven standing in front of me with her jet black hair in a high ponytail. "Hi." I said looking into her mud colored eyes.

        "I heard what happened." She sat down next me, while rubbing her thighs that were covered in tight jeans.

        "Yeah." I said looking away from her thinking about Delaney and how happy she was not to long ago.

        "If you need anything, just let me know Luke, you know i would do anything for you." She placed her chubby pale fingers on my shoulder.

        "Thanks, but ill be fine as long as she is okay." I began to fiddle with the beanie between my fingers.

        "Whats with the beanie?" She asked pointing at it. "It says Luke on it, thats clever."

        "She was wearing it." I said dryly wondering why she was even here. "Why are you here?" I finally asked making eye contact with her muddy eyes.

        "I figured you needed a friend." She said with a sad smile, "and to tell you that i really wanna be here for you Luke." Her hand touched my shoulder again, i was really getting tired of it.

        "Yeah, well i have plenty of friends, but thank you it was very sweet of you." I said.

        "Luke, i know we arent like the closest friends but..."

        "Hold on there, we arent even friends." This chick was just talking all kinds of crazy.

        "What?" She said curlying her eyebrows.

        "Yes, i dont even know you Steven."

        "How do you not know me." Her voice was getting fustrated so I figured i just drop it.

        "Luke?" A middle aged  women said in a white coat, i quickly stood up standing atleast 1 foot above her. "Will you like to see her." My heart dropped to my ass i never been so happy in my life.

        "Shit yes." I said following the women down a hallway. 

        I looked inside the rooms we passed, young and old men, women, and children lay helpless in their beds.

        We finally reach Clumsy's room and i was nervous to step inside. "Here she is." the women smiled and left me standing between the door frame scared and worried. I couldnt see her because a curtain covered her side of the room. I slowly walk towards where she laid, and immedietly felt nausous. I peek my head out passed the curtain to see the most beautiful thing ever...her gorgeous face.

        "Babbyyy." I said as i fought tears from making me look like a total bitch.

        Her smile was crooked and i have never seen anyone so beautiful, i slowly walked around the bed to stand beside her.

        "Lu..ke." she said out of breath, i put my fingers to her lips.

        "Shh baby." I leaned down and kissed her on the forehead.

        "Lu..ke.. i..i...dont..like..it..no..hos..hos..pital, pll.ee.plleaaa..se lay wi..witt..with me.me?" She was so scared i could see it in her eyes. "Pll..eea..asse.." My heart broke.

        "Of course." I said softly, she lifted the covers and gestured for me to get under them, so i did. "Baby im sorry." I whispered she placed her head on my chest, i stared down at her bleach blond hair and then kissed it. When i kissed her head i felt a huge bump...oh boy.

        After two hours we both fell asleep. I slowly opened my eyes, to noticed she turned her body to lay next to me on her back. I looked under the covers to see her hand stuffed awkwardly under my shirt i couldnt help but to chuckle.
      "Excuse me." The middle aged nurse stood with a clipboard hugged under her arm.
       "Oh I'm sorry, hello." I stepped out of bed and fixed my shirt while walking over to the nurse.
       "She seems sound asleep so I will not bother her." The lady gestured to turn away.
       "Wait what's wrong with her."
       "Uhh she came in with internal bleeding we stopped as much as we could but if it continues to bleed...she will not ...live for very long ...or she will slip into a coma , her brain swelled."
         My world collapsed.