35

"Okay baby, i made you some soup, i left some numbers on the night table next to you so call me if anything." Luke ran around like crazy trying to make sure that i was comortable, he gave me atleast ten pillows.

"Thank you Lukey." I looked up at him, he finally stopped and stared down at me.

"Love you." Luke leaned down and kissed me softly on my lips.

"Love you too, now go play soccer." I laid helpless on the bed, but it was much better than the hospital.

Soon he was gone and i heard nothing but silence. I didnt want to watch TV, so i sat in the silence thinking and hearing my own thoughts express themselves until i heard a hard knock on the door.

Slowly i stood up, feeling my head swell with pressure as if a elephant sat on my head. I gracefully reached the door and swong it open.

"Guess the fuck what!" Sarah stormed past me.

"Wait how did you know i was back." I said closing the door that took me atleast two minutes.

"Tracey lied about being pregnant she did that to keep Noah, but i found out that Luke's ex girlfriend she trying to get Luke back." My heart dropped not that i knew much about ex girlfriends but it didnt sound to well "And everyone knew you came back."

"Well what do i do about the ex girlfriend?" I asked quietly.

"Watch out for her i mean she's a total bitch an all but she aint ugly that is for sure."

"Thanks." I walked pass her towards the room.

"Look im just being honest." She said while following me. "Plus he was gonna ask her to marry him, but he dumped her on her ass!" Sarah laughed while sitting down next to me on the bed.

"Why did he dump her?" I asked gently laying down on the bed.

"Because she hooked up with his cousin and he found out." I raised my eyebrows in response. "Well, shes tall as fuck, short black hair, and a bunch of shit splattered freckles."

"The way you described her doesnt seem attractive." I said imagining her looks.

"Just trying to make you feel better thats all." She smiled. "So Pete fucking asked me out this weekend." She looked down at her finger nails, it now hit me since when did we become gossip girls together.

"Is that a bad thing?" I asked covering my body with the covers.

"I mean in a way but i dont know how i feel about him, he can be a total dick but then really sweet and sometimes i ask myself why am i with him." She looked up from her nails and at me. "Dont you let Luke slip right out of your hands you hear me, he is to fucking fine to let him just fuck around you know."

"I'm not exactly sure what you mean but i trust him i guess." I touched my head where it hurt.

"Delaney, do you remember who pushed you?" Her voice was low and concerned.

"Pushed me?" I said confused on what even occured. "No...I tripped." I said squinting my eyes.
"You were pushed." She looked down at her nails.
"By who?" I said feeling confused, I slowly raised my arm to the top of my head and moved my hair out of my face.
"Uhh, a girl that is scary in love with Luke." She looked up at me with sad eyes.
"I don't even know anyone." I said softly squinting my eyes from the slight headache that stopped by.
"Steven." She said looking back at her nails.
"Steven?.....stevennnn...?" I closed my eyes trying to remember the girl that Sarah is talking about.
"Look she pushed you and I saw her do it."Sarah jumped up and looked down at me. "If you want to get her back?" She said loudly. "I will help." She raised her eyebrow.
"How would I even get someone back?" I slowly stood up.
"Anything, poison, killing?" She softly placed her hand on my shoulder. "Cmon."
"No way!" I strolled past her towards the kitchen.
"Look I'm only kidding."I could hear her foot steps follow me.
"Whatever."I said while reaching for the fridge door handle. A hard knock pounded the door. I looked at Sarah, she shrugged her shoulders in response.
"Open it." She said.
I walked over to the door and swung it open. "Hello....helloooo." I said seeing Pete standing before me sweating like crazy.
"Where is Sarah." He said out of breath. I looked behind me to see Sarah shaking her head.
"No she's not here."I said feeling guilty for lying.
"Oh...where is Luke?" Pete said.
"Oh he's not here, he went to soccer practice I believe." I said squinting my eyes again from the pounding in my head.
"Oh because he never came to soccer practice." Pete started to move side to side trying to peer inside the apartment.
"Really?" I said becoming more interested in the conversation.
"Well, will you come help me find him?" His voice was shaky and fast.
"Uhh sure." I turned around to look at Sarah but she no longer stood where I last saw her.
I followed Pete outside of the apartment. "Do you know any of the classes he has?" Pete asked while walking way ahead of me.
"No, I thought he had just soccer today." I tried my best to catch up but my head was pounding like crazy.
"Oh well I'm surprised he didn't show up." Pete turned around realizing that I was no longer right behind him so he stopped and looked at me. "Wanna check his ex's new dorm?" Pete said softly. I shrugged my shoulders.
"Why not?" I said.
"Hey..." A random voice said from behind us. It sounded familiar.
I turned around to see Luke standing there sweaty. "Luke?" I said squinting my eyes from the stabbing pain in my head.
"Where are you guys going?" He walked over to me in his soccer uniform drenched in sweat.
"To find you." Luke leaned down and gave me a kiss that seemed very natural.
"What do you mean, hey Pete where were you for practice?" Luke's eyebrows formed a question.
"Uh..I was there where were you? We were just about to check your ex's dorm."
"Wait why my ex, she's back?" Luke placed his hand on my lower back. "Why would you go there." Pete's face turned red and I watched a tiny drop of sweat slide down the side of his face.
"I don't know, hey well I gotta get back to my dorm." Pete started walking away before we could say anything else.
"Why aren't you resting baby?" Luke looked down at me.
"Pete came and told me you weren't at practice...were you?"
"Yes, Pete wasn't at practice why would he come get you?" Luke looked very puzzled. "Let's get you inside." Luke grabbed my hand and walked slow with me towards his dorm.
I was curious why Pete came to get me. Why would he take me to Luke's ex? I'm not sure what these feelings are that I'm experiencing I just hope its not jealousy.