26

I stood there looking at his tall truck and felt strong tears begin to develop. I slump my shoulders and leaned against his truck.

   "Clumsy!" I heard Luke's voice yell. I stared down at the ground, unsure if he has noticed me. "Clumsy!" His voice was getting closer and closer.

   "No." I whispered and began running towards ...some part of campus I wasn't sure.

   "Cllummmsyyy!" Judging by the raising in his volume I guess he noticed me. I didn't look back, I ran as fast I could.

    "Luke! Let her go!" I heard Tracey yell, before I could hear Luke's response I already was halfway across campus, and judging by the fact there was no longer any screaming he must of gave up.

   "Hey!" I heard someone yell as I ran past them. I stopped as fast as I could and turned around. There stood a tall lean tan guy.

   "W..h..a..TT.." I said out of breath.

    "You uhh running from someone?" He asked smiling showing his white crooked teeth.

     "Uh.." I said still out of breath.

     "Well do you or do you not want help?" He asked stepping closer. I examined his outfit, baggy black silky sweatpants with a little white check mark, tight white shirt that enhance the look of his pectorals.

   "I don't well I don't think so." Everything around me stopped.

    "C'mon! You like yellow cake?" He asked raising his voice. I wanted to say no but then I remembered I have no where to go..he looks safe.

   "I guess." I said shrugging my shoulder.

    The Apartment looked just like Luke's the aroma of fresh made cake trailed inside my nose.

   "You made cake?" I said. "I thought it was like some metaphor of something." I said while looking everywhere but him.

   "Yah! C'mon and try a piece." I followed him to the exact model of Luke's kitchen.

   The cake was moist and delicious. I scarfed down three pieces and two glasses of chocolate milk.

   "Hungry?" He asked sitting next to me.

   "No it was just really really really good!" I said looking down at the plate covered in crumbs.

   "So, why were you running like someone is trying to kill you?" I looked up and his dark brown eyes met mine.

   "Its a long story." I said looking passed him, to see out the window.

   "Well I believe we have plenty of time."

   "I mean, I guess it was just like an issue between me and Luke." I said looking back into his eyes. I moved my hair away from my eyes.

   "Luke...Luke Gretchen?" He said sitting down on a stool in front of me.

   "Yes, you know him?" I asked.

   "Oh my gosh, who doesn't, he is literally the hottest dude on this campus." I smushed my eyebrows down confused.

   "Woah, I guess he's very well known."

   "Yeah he's pretty scary to, and my boyfriend is so worried that I'll try and get with him." The words hit me like rocks confused and not sure what he is trying to tell me.

  "Boyfriend?" I asked quietly as if someone was in the next room.

   "Yes, I'm gay." I couldn't help but to smile.

    "Yeah I'm gay to, now that I had that piece of cake!" I said surprised how a guy used another term for happy finally.

   "Haha, it tends to do that!"

   "But why you say boyfriend?" I asked.

    "Cause I'm gay."

     "Oh I say things randomly too when I'm gay." I said.

    "Wait, youre not gay all the time?" He asked whispering.

   "No, sometimes I'm just like whatever."

    His eyebrows raised, "whatever?" He copied.

    "Yes, sometimes I'm just whatever." I repeated.

     "So, you and Luke? Y'all do the nasty?" He asked raising his thick brown eyebrows.

   "I do not speak of such topics." I said thinking about Luke's strong hands touching my pale smooth chest.

  "Oh c'm...."

   "Jeremy!" A deep voice yelled while entering the apartment. I looked behind me to see a short stubby guy caring white bags. "Oh ...hello, Jeremy what's ...who's this?" He voice seemed shooken.

   "Oh I'm Delaney." I said, standing up extending my arm.

   "Jeremy you sworreeeee that you weren't straight!!" His voice blurted out loud and screechy.

   "What?" Jeremy said walking closer to, the guy I have no idea what his name is.

   "You're here with some girlllll while I'm out getting food."

   "Baby no!" Jeremy said while placing his hand on his shoulder.

   Oh...he's that kind of gay, I just thought he was happy...