Dirty Dallas 12

CHAPTER 12

I ran down the stairs and pushed open door and was immediately hit with the cold fresh air.

"Luke!" I yelled looking around. No one.

"Luke!" I stepped out into the dirt and soon was walking towards the stables. My heart was beating fast I was wrong I was stupid.

"Luke?" I peek my head inside the stables to see nothing. "Luke?" My voice quivered at thought that this could be it.

"Yea." His voice was sad and low. I turned around to see him, standing tall but his face was depressed.

"I'm so sorry." I wrapped my arms around his stomach.

"Don't be Delaney, if you want to stay here all alone so do it." he shrugged his shoulders.

"No I want to go with you." I looked up at him waiting for his response, but he replied with silence. "Luke, when you said you wanted me ain't nobody has ever told me they wanted me, and in the movies when the girl ain't notice he loves her or wants her, she ends up having a horrible life, snow can be with this friend I just gotta meet 'em first."

Luke couldn't help but to smile "okay clumsy...okay." He hugged me back and kissed my messy blond hair.

When the sun went down and all our important things were packed even my boots...especially, we were getting ready to go to bed.

"Clumsy!!" I heard Luke yell from downstairs. I stood up from my floor and walked downstairs into the darkness.

"Luke?" I challenged my eyes to define what was in the dark. "Luke!?" I yelled I stood on the last step before officially being down stairs.

"Delaney." The lights suddenly turned on and Luke stood before me, I jumped slightly.

"You...you scared me!" I pouted stomping my left foot. He laughed in response.

"Come here." He grabbed my hand and dragged me to the couch. "Look when we go to Alabama I just want you to know, I really like you, and if you hear anything about me it's not true...okay?" He rubbed my hand softly looking into my green eyes.

"Okay!" I smiled what could they possibly say? "C'mon I'm tired." I stood up walking towards the stairs.

"No your not let's go cuddle!" Luke ran behind me picking me up and caring me to the room. As my butt stared at the ceiling and my face looked at his butt' which I didn't notice how round it is.

When we reached my room he threw me on the bed making me laugh. He looked down at me laying there so ...not gracefully.

He slowly climbed on top of me without loosing eye contact. He laid on my chest and broke eye contact as he tilt his head so his ear was hearing my heart. Before I knew it we were knocked out.

I squint my eyes from the power of the sun as it shined though the window. Once I could open my eyes, I looked to see if Luke was still laying on me and he wasn't.

"Ugh." I stood up slowly stretching to the sky revealing my skinny pale stomach.

I realized to today was the day we are leaving to Alabama, so I slipped on my pink shorts and a white short sleeves button down with white boots.

I suddenly hear Luke's truck idling outside as I stepped downstairs. I walk outside after briefly checking if everything was off and unplugged.

"Ready!" He yelled loading bags. I kind of felt sad, watching him so excited and ready for Alabama...am I supposed to be more happier than I am right now?

After about an hour of driving I loosened up and danced around to the old music that blasted through the radio. I felt like I was in a fairy tale this was to good to believe.

He stared through his glassy blue eyes at the road as he roared past little cars with bright colors. I never been on a highway, at least I don't remember, it was relaxing to just look out and see lines of cars just speeding down this cement road as their wheels rolled onto the yellow lines to pass someone it was fascinating. I listened quietly to a sad song that just came on, it depressed the air around us as she sang "I will be there for you", and the song seemed like it last forever. After about half way through the song I leaned my head gently against the window feeling the cold glass sting my ear, I closed my eyes and inhaled the lyrics the women sang, it was actually quite beautiful.

Finally I read the sign "WELCOME TO ALABAMA" I grew nervous and scared, what people would think of me and when they see me, I never been out of my town before but now I'm in Alabama.

"Oh here it is." Luke said to himself, I tried not to talk to him so he could concentrate where he was going. His truck pulled into the most biggest school I have ever seen. I read "UNIVERSITY OF ALABAMA.", as we passed the main building I'm guessing. Luke drove through the school all the way to the back where big 4 story buildings were at.

"This is where I live." I looked out and noticed how beautiful the building were it amazed me.

"Really!" I jumped up with excitement, but cut my neck with the seat belt. "Owe!" I yelled quickly grabbing my neck. Luke kept looking from me to the road, from me to the road.

"What you do now clumsy." My hand felt moist and I wasn't sure if I was bleeding or not. I felt the truck slowing down and pulling to the side.

"Oh no I'm fine, really." The truck was put in park and he leaned over pulling my hand off of my neck. I look down on my hand to see dark red. I felt my eyes flutter and began staring at my eyelids.

Some light shined right in my face, I wanted to open my eyes but I can't. I felt around me to feel where I was. "On a bed." I sat up and opened my eyes slowly. "Wow!"