34

Pain stabbed my side every now and then but the drugs that drip into a tube that is connected to a needle which is stabbed into one of my veins made my eyes flutter like butterflies.

    "Baby I thought I would pick you up some broccoli soup, it was cold so I heat it up a bit, but it may be to hot so I'll let it sit for a bit. AND oh yeah they ran out of grape juice so I bought you apple, I hope you like apple, and I didn't know what else you could drink or eat."  I watched Luke as he fiddled around nervous he looked really adorable it made me smile.

     "Thank you so much, now come here." After a week past I was able to talk and Luke seemed stress from having to go to school, soccer practice, and then having to drive to the hospital. I hate hospitals.

     "Gosh, I'm so happy you are getting better." He walked over to me, then sat down next to my body that hasn't moved.

     I reached my arms out for a hug and he gave it to me. I could tell he didn't want to hug me to hard by the way it seemed like he was barely touching me.

     "The doctor said that your brain is beginning to go back to normal little by little."

      I flinched from sudden ringing sound that strikes my ear.

      "What's wrong?" The ringing was getting louder and louder. Luke stood over me and continued to move his mouth saying words I could not hear. A tear climbed its way out of my left eye. I closed my eyes and prayed the ringing would stop. When I opened my eyes I saw Luke shaking my hand then holding it...why can't I feel that...why can't I feel his hand.

     "Can you feel this." I suddenly hear his voice and I shake my head. "Fuck!" Luke yelled while running out of the room.

      The ringing occurred again, and my stomach turned, my head pounded like a jack hammer was up there. My vision was beginning to blur. I could see a short women, I guess running and then stabbing me hard in my shoulder with something.... And quickly I once again felt sleepy.

       I woke up to a obnoxious tapping noise. I slowly open my eyes to see the sun blaring through the window. I balled both my hands in a fist, and smiled due to the feeling again of having an arm. I sat up, while trying to flat-en down my hair that was just everywhere. No one was in the room with me, but the tapping noise continued. I slowly pulled the covers off my legs. I wiggled my toes and placed one leg on the floor. "Okay, next one you got this." I positioned my body so that my feet dangle two inches away from the cold tiled floor.
     "On the count of three, three, two, one." I stood up and felt dizzy but i closed my eyes and let my mind relax. I opened my eyes and took a step away from the bed.

        Fifteen minutes pasted and i found myself at the door frame about to leave the horrible, stuffy room. "Excuse me Ms. do you need help." A young nurse said while touching my back gently.

        "No i am fine thank you." I turned around to walk away from her. Beeping noise surrounded me, my body moved slowly and it frustrated me. I hate hospitals. 

        "Mam do i need to call your husband?" the lady caught up to me.

        "No, I'm fine i don't even have a husband. Thank you very much though." I continued down the hallway making eye contact with very sad looking people. 

        It seemed like i walked for a while, my breathing was getting harder and harder by the minute.

        "What the hell." I looked up to see Luke running out of a elevator i was trying to reach. He was holding a white cardboard cup. "I came as fast as i could." He placed his hand on my back and bent down to look at me hunched over.

        "It hurts a lot." I whispered. I felt like crying but i knew he would send me right back to the room if i did. "I just want to go back to your place, i hate it here." I said. 

        "Baby but you are not well." He rubbed my back.

        "I do not care take me home." I looked up at his blue eyes. "I miss you." I said.  I never felt the feeling of missing someone other than my dad.

        "Okay come on." He placed his cup on the floor and picked me up like a baby, cradling me in his arms, i snuggled into his chest. "They are gonna kill me for this." 

        It was exciting to be outside of the hospital, hearing his truck roar down the highway was alluring. "How's soccer?" I asked slowly scooting to the middle of the truck to place my head on his shoulder.

        "Great, a lot of drama though, you sure missed a lot baby." His strong hand touched my bare thigh. It was that moment i felt the leather seat to much, i slowly touched the bottom of my gown and realized i was completely naked under this gown thing.

        "Oh my gosh." I said.

        "Whats wrong?" I placed my right hand on my mouth, staring at a white band that snuggled around my wrist.

        "I have no underwear on." Luke smirked, god i missed that smirk.

        "And what is wrong with that?" He said looking forward but his smirk stayed plastered on his face.

        "I was walking around the hospital, what if these stringy things were open?" I said, Luke let out a little giggle.

        "Damn i wish i was there." I slapped him softly on his thigh. "Babe it is fine, you know how many old man walk around with their asses hanging out...a lot." I looked down at his hand on my thigh and noticed a thick black rubber band around his wrist. 

        "Not helping." I smiled, i lifted his heavy hand that had veins popping out everywhere. "When did you get this bracelet?" I asked looking at it.

        "Oh it has your name carved in it, the soccer players gave it to me." I turned it around and saw "CLUMSY" in beautiful white letters.

        "That isn't my name." I softly laughed.

        "Well its your personality, and it makes you who you are and that's your name to me." He gave me a quick kiss on my cheek.

        Tears burned my eyes, how can i be so lucky. "How am i so lucky." I said staring at him, noticing how perfect he is compared to the standers that the girls in the movies have.